The IS Project Manager is responsible for managing large scale projects. These projects will support the Finance solutions supported by the Corporate Solutions vertical. In coordination with team leads, they will be primarily responsible for the successful delivery of the scope, timeline and budget for their respective teams and management and resolution of risks, issues and decisions.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Defines, plans and delivers to plan. Laser focus on scope, schedule, budget and resource management.
* Directs large-scale projects often with multiple internal and external partners/stakeholders.
* Proactively manages project stakeholder expectations of project scope, timing and budget.
* Promotes a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
* Determines appropriate escalation of issues and support resolution by following up.
* Develops mitigation of critical and high priority risks, mitigation and contingency plans.
* Creates status, issues and recommendations for cadence reporting.
* Mentors team members in project management artifacts, processes, tools and techniques.
* Ensures all project artifacts and deliverables are documented, approved, and stored for re-usability, support, and audit purposes in designated project tools.
* Staffs team efforts appropriately based on scope, work effort assessment and necessary skills.
* Develops project budgets, manage changes and track actual costs and variance to approved budget.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Must have a minimum of 3 years project management experience and commitment to applying project management methodologies.
* Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and IS.
* Past experience leading development teams in an Agile environment.
* Ability to work with team leads and other functional areas to create and manage detailed project plans and report critical path.
* Must be flexible in diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind.
* Adept at assessing project issues and variance, responding appropriately and driving toward the next steps for resolution.
* Must be able to problem solve and devise workable solutions quickly.
* Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate project team members that report to other groups in the organization.
* Proven ability to develop business relationships and communicate successfully with people at all levels of management; exhibit excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills.
* Extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
* Able to flex to support the changing needs of the project.
* Able to work independently.
* Experience on SAP or other ERP implementation projects.
* Experience with setting up environments and working on infrastructure projects.
* 2-5 years of Costco business knowledge.
* Project Management certification and/or demonstrated core project management skills based on familiarity with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
* Proficient in the use of the Google products: email, spreadsheet, document, presentation.
* Working knowledge of ServiceNow (Carts+) Portfolio & Program Management module.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.