Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced Software Developer - RPG to help design, develop, and implement solutions for Optical, Pharmacy, Hearing Aid, and Jewelry systems. This person will work closely with the Ancillary Engineer for designing new or improving existing systems. Focus will be on backend integration and proactive monitoring and correcting issues with the existing Optical applications. This position will work with other IS groups to leverage their tools and experience to ensure we have a solid solution. This person will be part of a larger solution team that designs, develops, implements and supports the broader Ancillary platforms and services to meet business needs. This is an excellent opportunity to work on various internal and external applications focused on automation and modernization.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Designs, develops, maintains, extends applications and implements Ancillary projects. * Provides technical leadership for the Ancillary team. * Collaborates with Architects, Business Analysts, and Engineers to build business sustainable solutions. * Supports a wide range of technology projects including configurations, software development, integration, installation of patches and upgrades, etc. * Partners with other technical teams (middleware, database, infrastructure, etc.), create interface documents and mappings to ensure Ancillary solutions are built in a Service Oriented Architecture manner. * Provides level 2 and 3 support for system/interfacing applications. * Works with the Monitoring team to ensure systems and applications are proactively monitored. * Some Production Support duties during off-hours and weekends. * Mentors junior staff.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Excellent analytical skills. * 2 Years' experience in various platforms including Linux, AIX, Windows Operating Systems and VMware. * 5 years' RPG development experience. * Ability to upgrade and support large complex systems. * Experience in successful implementation and integration of new software systems into existing environments. * Ability to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solution and functional design documents to support development of final solutions. * Must be responsive to the business and IS Management, with a strong sense of urgency. * Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to negotiate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels of the business. * Flexible and able to keep up with a fast paced environment. * Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written. * Must have a strong work ethic, demonstrate attention to detail and have excellent time management skills. * On call and after hours support.
* Experience in Pharmacy, Optical, Jewelry, or Hearing Aid systems a plus. * Knowledge of HIPPA regulations for transactions, security and confidentiality. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.