The SAP Functional Analyst for Merchandising works to migrate Costco's Merchandise systems to SAP. This person will provide business benefits by translating business requirements into valuable technology solutions. He/She will work closely with business stakeholders, IT teams and SAP technology consultants to identify and document business needs and functional requirements, as well as design and implement SAP solutions, creating Functional Specifications and configuring the system. The Analyst will also work collaboratively with others to provide excellent operational support. The Analyst will understand and comply with Costco policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, information security, and adherence to legal and regulatory compliance and change control procedures.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Configures and supports the SAP IS Retail Merchandising Management system and related SAP and legacy system components.
* Supports business analysts to ensure appropriate stakeholders are involved.
* Leads or participates in functional and business requirements gathering sessions.
* Works with business analysts to perform gap analysis and validate that captured processes and requirements fulfill goals and objectives.
* Authors and communicates business process designs and SAP systems designs.
* Writes functional specifications and performs unit testing for configuration, user exits, and custom programs
* Presents, discusses and demonstrates SAP Best Practices.
* Collaborates with technical teams for technical specifications and development of customized objects.
* Collaborates with Quality Assurance (QA) to build test data, test environments and test cases that support all levels and types of testing.
* Provides support, advice and guidance to internal customers and as a member of project teams which is professional, responsive, and assumes responsibility for conclusion.
* Provides 2nd and 3rd level support with vendor and Costco incident management applications.
* Performs analysis on error incidents including Intermediate Document (IDoc) rejects and system errors.
* Identifies and communicates risks and issues that may require changes to plans or scope.
* Adheres to team and departmental standards.
* Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
* Mentors less experienced team members.
* Participates in team planning and activities for improving skills, knowledge, and quality of work.
* Responsible for professional growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and company policies.
* Available to work nights and weekends and perform 24x7 on-call support as scheduled or as needed.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 3-5 years of experience designing and configuring SAP S/4HANA Retail, with components and functions such as Master Data Management, Merchandise and Assortment Planning, Pricing and Promotions, Procurement, Supply Chain (including Forecasting, Allocation, and Replenishment).
* Solid knowledge of SAP related business and implementation processes.
* Good understanding of integration between SAP modules and non-SAP systems.
* Dedicated to business/product owner partnership while leveraging SAP out-of-the-box functionality.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes excellent customer service skills. Ability to present complex ideas and designs to a variety of technical or non-technical stakeholders and all levels of management.
* Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Positive attitude with good interpersonal skills, a team player; able to work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating to obtain team goals.
* Ability and willingness to effectively teach and mentor less experienced team members.
* Must be responsible, conscientious, self-motivated, flexible and quick learner.
* Good organizational, time, and project management skills.
* Must be extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
* Ability to work well under stress and handle crisis situations professionally while engaging all levels of the Costco organization.
* Experience with SAP or other ERP implementation projects.
* Experience in SAP Techno-functional role (e.g. MDG, BRF+).
* Experience with integration and scheduling technology (SAP PI/PO, Robot, UC4).
* Experience with data conversion.
* Experience with data analysis.
* Costco business knowledge.
* General understanding of supply chain processes and principles.
* Understanding of Agile practices/methodologies.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.