Requisition ID: 209674
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Who We Are
Your career at SAP Fieldglass is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. With office space in Chicago, London and Brisbane, as well as an employee presence on 6 continents, we are a diverse global company with a family feel. Inspired by change and by each other, we take pride in our innovative culture that created and continues to shape our market-leading, best-in-class solution. At SAP Fieldglass we don't follow trends, we set them!
* Best of both worlds: start-up culture with the backing and benefits of SAP
* Focus on continuous professional growth and development
* Support and promote a healthy work / life balance
* Volunteer opportunities to support our communities and the environment
* Moxie Award winner for best office space
What We Do
Businesses across the globle are facing a new reality where workforce is pivotal. Companies need the right talent at the right price at the right time. SAP Fieldglass accelerates the engagement of talent and provides total workforce visibility to maximize cost savings and improve worker quality. Our cloud-based, open platform has been deployed in more than 140 countries and helps companies transform how work gets done.
* Forrester Research, Inc, positions SAP Fieldglass as a leader among services procurement providers
* KellyOCG® Supplier Excellence Award Winner
We're looking for a talented Software Developer with design and development experience to contribute to the success of our technology initiatives. The Software Developer will have an opportunity to design, develop, and deliver software modules and components of varying complexity related to Java technologies. In this role, the Developer will collaborate with Team Leads from different departments during all phases of the SDLC. The Developer will also maintain and support product features in the Production, Pre-Production, and Operations environments. This is an on-site position in our Naperville or Chicago office.
What You Will Do
* Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases
* Execute unit and system testing of the design once the solution has been developed, and work closely with other team members to deploy the code to production
* Perform impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features within the Fieldglass application
* Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution
* Assess and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications
* Develop, test and implement program logic
What You Need to Bring
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer or Information Science
* 2+ years of development, testing, and deployment experience in a Java environment
* The ability to assess and translate functional requirements and change requests into technical specifications
* Working knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures)
* 1+ years of programming experience supporting web-based applications including SQL coding experience
* A "maker's mind" and problem-solving mentality. Everything we do is about building and shipping software
* The ability to create detailed analysis and designs of minor components
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.