Requisition ID: 220602
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
Hiring Manager: Denitsa Stoycheva
Recruiter Name: Raluca Savescu
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
* Create to highly scalable RESTful Services and APIs
* Build, Deploy, Configure, Run and Monitor the services in QA and production environments
* Transform our legacy platform into a micro services-based architecture
* Move our services to AWS
* Be part of an agile team that owns the software lifecycle from design to delivery: We run small teams with a purpose, so that our engineers have full visibility and ownership of the project, including full-stack service development and operations
* Shows initiative and drives topics to resolution in a high level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency.
* Works closely together with others and shares expertise to ensure product success.
* Constantly improves own work methods to gain state-of-the-art agile software engineering skills. Enhances skills beyond own core functional focus and works on other tasks for the benefit of the team.
* In depth experience with CICD automation and DevOps - Gradle/Groovy, Jenkins, Docker containers, Kubernetes, Helm, Envoy, Istio and Service Mesh (or equivalent)
* Knowledge of AWS Services. Experience working with AWS services highly preferred - CloudFormation, Amazon RDS, SNS, SQS, S3, ElastiCache etc.
* Experience with scripting languages - Shell, Bash
* Experience working in Linux/Unix environment highly preferred
* Experience working with Application Servers configuration, deployment and tuning
* Working knowledge of monitoring tools like Kibana, New Relic, Splunk or similar
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Experience with programming languages - Have proficiency with Java or other object-oriented programming languages such as C#, C++, etc. Preferably Java on Unix/Linux OS.
* Experience storing/retrieving data - Have proficiency with database technologies, including strong knowledge of SQL and ORM, i.e. Hibernate, etc. Ideally, understand storage concepts/technology, i.e. NoSQL/SQL databases, file storage
* Event Processing - Ideally understand event processing/messaging, i.e. Kafka/Rabbit MQ, as well as logging, auditing and metrics, i.e. ElasticSearch/Kibana, Hadoop/Tableau
* Agile Development - Have a solid grounding in Agile Development, i.e. Scrum, Continuous Integration and DevOps concepts (automated deployments, monitoring/alerting, etc.)
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.