Requisition ID: 217760
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP Concur imagines the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, SAP Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. SAP Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most. The company serves more than 30,000 clients representing more than 27 million users in over 150 countries.
We hire engineers that are passionate about solving problems and impacting millions of end-users. We are looking for an engineer to:
* Contribute to an industry leading distributed processing platform: As part of the team you will be involved in the development of a scalable and high performing data analytics platform.
* You will be part of an end-to-end service: Working as part of an agile team your work product will bring value to our customers.
* Turn requirements into product: Work with Product Owners to understand customer needs and turn them into product.
* Learn the latest in Data Engineering technology: Opportunity to work with the latest in data platforms and frameworks to deliver best in class services.
Our continued growth is dependent upon talented people with a variety of skills, knowledge and backgrounds. We hire Software Design Engineers with experience in the following areas:
* Develop, implement and maintain a scalable data management architecture to support the storage and querying of large heterogenous datasets
* Production ready code (e.g.Python, Java, Scala) with a mind towards quality, scalability and high performance on large data sets.
* Experience with web service frameworks (REST).
* Experience working with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
* Strong OO & FP design patterns, data structure, and algorithm design skills
* Familiar with various cloud data sources and architectures such as AWS/S3, HDFS, Kafka
* Ability to be a self-starter with a results driven attitude.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.