As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
The individual in this position responsible for identifying, querying, analyzing, and presenting through reports and presentations, a variety of data to support the Patient Experience strategy and initiatives throughout Partners Healthcare. This individual will work under the guidance of the Executive Director of Patient Experience, working closely with users and acting as a liaison between the business areas and the Enterprise Date and Digital Health team. Data and reporting support could encompass areas, including but not limited to: Performance metrics, Patient satisfaction, Quality and patient safety, and working closely with data integration specialists to define data needs. As new projects arise, this person may assume other responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Develop an intimate knowledge of the varied data sources and assist in fixing data quality issues and developing enhancements.
* Work closely with customers to gather and document reporting and analytic requirements.
* Analyze, translate and develop those requirements into a design of the data model needed to support both reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
* Create, modify, and maintain the data model needed to support reporting and analysis, designing for ease of analytics and ad-hoc use.
* Design, build, test and implement reporting solutions using the Partners suite of analytic tools. Work closely with the data integration team to understand existing data models, and communicate changes needed to new data marts/cubes to meet customer analytic requirements.
* Performs comprehensive quality assurance, ensuring that databases and reports meet end user specifications and data are accurate and reliable.
* Works with new and existing team members and analysts to share knowledge in methods of data analysis, summarization and presentation. Trains other analysts and end-users on key analytic and reporting systems and databases.
* Bachelor's degree in management, information systems, statistics, or equivalent experience.
* At least 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a related analytics position.
* Working knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, SAS BI, or others preferred.
* Knowledge and application of statistical analyses including financial variance analysis and statistical significance preferred.
* Some knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment preferred
* Project management skills and/or experience a plus.
* MS Access and/or SQL Server database experience a plus.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Strong proficiency with Excel, manipulating large data sets and synthesizing into digestible information.
* Experience with querying relational databases as well building dashboards and reports using business intelligence tools such as Tableau (preferred), MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, Cognos, etc..
* Excellent problem resolution and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
* Strong ability to work effectively with senior level management, and staff at all levels within an organization.
* Ability to clearly communicate complex and sensitive data to senior executives as well as peers.
* Strong organizational skills including an ability to establish priorities, exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner Possesses initiative and ability to work independently while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness.
* Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
* Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
* Must be team focused, excellent communicator, and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams, providing excellent customer service.
* Ability to adapt to changes in priorities and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Fast paced office environment that requires teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility.
No direct supervisory responsibility. Coordination of project staff as needed.
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.