Under the direction of the SRN Technical Director of Laboratory Services, the LIS Analyst will provide day-to-day LIS support of laboratory systems at all SRN locations (SRH, SHC, SRB and SCC). The analyst will provide oversight of projects, analysis, testing, quality assurance, data validation and training. The LIS Analyst will work closely and collaboratively with the SRN IS Department, SRN Informatics, Partners ePathology and Partners eCare teams.
* Participate in the full range of LIS work, including projects, enhancements, upgrades and support.
* Develop plan for and oversee application and interface testing and quality assurance.
* Develop plan for and oversee clinical data normalization, integration and validation activities.
* Provide user training and system implementation support when needed.
* Communicate work status to management and other teams.
* Troubleshoot daily issues, communicating interim plans and timeline for resolution.
* Serve as primary contact for SRN laboratory staff for IS operational issues.
* Serve as primary SRN contact for SRN IS and PeC LIS related projects and issues.
* Monitors and resolves lab interface and other system errors and coordinates necessary system corrections, escalating and collaborating as needed.
* Assists SRN laboratories with LIS downtime planning preparation and support.
* Serve as departmental trainer and preceptor for new lab staff, in collaboration with other laboratory staff.
* Maintain expert level of knowledge and competency of LIS and related systems and workflows.
* Pursue standardization of LIS practices and operations across SRN sites, to the extent possible.
* Reports directly to SRN Technical Director of Laboratory Services, with additional accountability to the Partners Continuing Care/Partners eCare Project Director.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in clinical or related field
* 3-5 years of experience in clinical or healthcare IS setting.
* Experience with vendor clinical systems (Sunquest, Epic, RALs, etc.).
* Effective and demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, with high level of attention to detail.
* Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and to be flexible.
* With appropriate guidance, able to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects within timelines.
* Strong math and computer skills.
* Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with the English language.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Knowledge of clinical concepts, common clinical terms, clinical procedures and workflows.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.