As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Center for Clinical Data Science (CCDS) aims to transform healthcare through cutting-edge data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We combine a translational, product-focused, early-stage culture with the world-class researchers, physicians, and data/computing resources at Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women's Hospitals, as well as the broader Partners HealthCare System. The Center for Clinical Data Science provides the perfect environment to focus on using analytics to effect tangible advancements in medicine.
We are seeking a top-notch Machine Learning Engineer who understands how to test models for commercial release. The Engineer will be comfortable testing and debugging model performance in a healthcare setting as well as overcoming the challenges that occur in the "last mile."
The ideal candidate will be a Machine Learning Engineer who is driven by building products that matter, with experience doing it successfully in the past, both independently as well as part of a competitive team. S/he will have demonstrated the ability to find solutions where others couldn't, with the drive, energy and determination to pull the team forward and not quit until the impossible is possible. We're looking for self-starters with a strong sense of urgency, comfortable working independently and sourcing input where required, and with a tolerance for operating in a fast-paced early stage environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop libraries to streamline the training of machine learning model development
* Design tools and infrastructure to make model development reproducible and scalable
* Architect pipelines for model testing, validation, and refinement
* Publish the results of their work at top-tier machine learning and clinical venues
* Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* M.S. computer science, physics, engineering or related field
* Ability to align ML development practices with standard SW development processes
* Strong programming skills in Python
* Strong knowledge of the DICOM standard including storage of segmented information
* Ability to utilize C/C when performance requirements dictate it (or comfortable learning the one of the language if necessary)
* Ability to implement scalable, reproducible workflows
* Ability to develop machine learning tools in a commercial setting
* Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness
* Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines
* Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills with a high attention to detail
* Excellent and succinct written and oral communication skills
* Strong decision making skills, with the ability to negotiate/balance decisions and priorities across functions; comfort making hard decisions with incomplete data and in a timely manner
* Demonstrates strong evidence of algorithmic and structured thinking, and intuition for logic, pattern matching, what-if analysis, problem decomposition. and synthesis
* Demonstrates ability to organize and incorporate complex systems requirements into product features and prioritize features effectively
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.