As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
The Division of Enterprise Research Infrastructure & Services (ERIS http://rc.partners.org) Manager of User Support Services oversees and directs technical support personnel for Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH), McLean, Spaulding, and additional affiliates of the hospitals of Harvard Medical School. This position will be responsible for: overseeing the daily activities of the end-user services teams, managing research services operations, evaluate and coordinate with ERIS teams to make service improvements, and to operationalize services where required. This position will provide service at the desk/bench-side involving configuration, technical support and security and privacy compliance of Macintosh, Windows and Apple iOS Systems within the Research communities. In addition, this position will need to work with Research labs and departments in delivering specialized IT solutions supported by Partners IS and ERIS. This would include specialized services, solving IT requests, remote access issues, security questions, etc.
The unifying characteristics of the position are an eagerness to learn and deliver excellent customer service within a dynamic user community, and apply new technologies and services in support of customer business needs. The successful candidate will have a deep motivation to work with and enable cutting-edge biomedical projects, ability to work independently, outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to help teams and projects successfully accomplish their research objectives. Ideal candidates thrive on variety and innovation in their daily work, interacting with customers who happen to be world-renowned leaders in their scientific field, and working with a wide range of technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Under direction of the Senior Manager of CTM, manages small and dispersed teams of user support engineers providing technical computer and mobile device support at BWH, MGH, McLean and Spaulding Hospitals.
* Work with Clinical and Basic Research departments to provide solutions to desktop, laptop, mobile and networking issues. This can range from tactical to larger more strategic problems.
* Work with various IS departments where necessary to help meet the unique computing needs of research and innovation.
* Develop and manage project plans for large, complex projects in coordination with ERIS leads, Hospital IS leads and Partners IS service managers.
* Works with third-party vendors used by laboratories to assist in trouble-shooting network and application solutions.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 8 years of IT and delivery experience
* 3 years experience managing a technical service team in a complex networked environment
* Ability to manage a team of direct reports in geographically diverse locations
* Proven knowledge and understanding of Desktop operating systems, Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
* Proven knowledge and understanding of Server OS: Windows 2008/12, Mac OS X, and RedHat Linux,
* Experience in a large networked environment, including commonly used protocols such as TCP/IP, FTP, VPN, SSH, CIFS; WIFI networks and protocols
* Knowledge and experience working with enterprise level messaging systems.
* Knowledge and understanding of laptop/desktop technologies including encryption solution, backup, remote support and management.
* Experience with managing large-scale deployment and management of desktop/laptops.
* Proven management/project management skills, Superb interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
* Experience with different storage solution (NAS, SAN and Cloud Architecture)
* Experience with supporting software within a research environment
* Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory technology and architecture
* Experience managing encryption systems like McAfee and PGP
* Knowledge with managing Antivirus systems like Trend OfficeScan
* Experience with Network Access control systems
Normal office environment
Remote access capabilities provided
Site Leads and desktop sub-reports, approximately 7
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.