As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under the direction of the Partners HealthCare Deputy CISO and SecEng Team Lead, responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of security tools and services supporting the Partners HealthCare System.
Responsible for configuration and deployment of the services supporting the Information Security program including Application Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Privileged Identity Management, SIEM Log Aggregation, Process automation and others. Provides advanced handling of escalated support issues. Plans and executes new deployments and upgrades. Recommends changes to information systems operating procedures and standards to maximize information security. Documents the associated security services and develops training material.
Will be responsible for project support of several key strategic information technology initiatives for Partners HealthCare and its affiliates. The incumbent will work closely with business committees, IT management, and cross-business process teams to define business needs, project approach, scope, and work plan to meet both system and operational objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for delivery of security services supporting the information security and privacy program.
* Configures, deploys, and maintains security equipment and related applications and platforms throughout PHS.
* Develops and documents the services supporting the information security and risk management program safeguarding patients, staff, facilities, and physical information system assets.
* Develops and presents information security training and educational material to staff, as necessary.
* Maintains a deep understanding of current issues in the realm of information security. Subscribes to major industry newsgroups and mailing lists and assess the impact of all emerging issues on systems and practices at Partners.
* Monitors security bulletins and alerts from all Partners' information system vendors. Evaluates vulnerability impact and formulates and executes risk mitigation plans.
* Maintains broad understanding of information security including HIPAA, Mass ID Theft regulation 201 CMR 17, PCI, ISO27002, NIST CSF and other information security frameworks and regulations.
* Works with regulatory agencies, as needed, to evaluate and assure regulatory compliance with information security regulations.
* Develops, supports and maintains the infrastructure centralizing and federating information security reports, logs and metrics helping to measure the implementation and success of security services
* Occasional after hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours. When scheduled to do so, carries pager and/or cell phone 24x7.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in CS/MIS/IT or equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in an information security role or experience with security and internetworking devices and software, including at least two years experience with large mission-critical internetworks.
* Any relevant information security, privacy and process certification(s), e.g. CISSP, SSCP, CISSLP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, CEH, GPEN, GWEB, GWAPT, ITIL, PMP and PCIP. At least one security related qualification is required.
* Knowledge of HIPAA, Mass ID Theft regulation 201 CMR 17, PCI-DSS, NIST CSF and other appropriate information security regulatory requirements for healthcare entities desirable.
* Demonstrable technical knowledge for administering and deploying multiple host operating systems including Microsoft Windows 2012-2016, Linux and Solaris.
* Exposure to Splunk, VeraCode, Crowdstrike and Tenable desirable
* Excellent analytic and reasoning skills, particularly in solving difficult problems.
* Ability to assume high levels of responsibility and to work with a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
* Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
* Ability to function as a member of the information security team, and to work collaboratively with multiple institutions, departments, and technical operations staffs across multiple facilities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
* Demonstrated ability defining services, and building documentation and training material
* Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Knowledge of the following Technologies a plus:
o Web technologies
o Application vulnerability scanning (DAST and SAST)
o Privileged Identity Management systems
o Network protocols with strong emphasis on TCP/IP
o Vulnerability Assessment and Management
o PCI DSS Compliance
o Cloud technologies including SaaS
o Centralized logging and correlation solutions
o Governance, Risk and Compliance tools
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.