Reports to the Radiology IT Operations Sr. Manager, Project Management Office and is responsible for the management and execution of Informatics/Radiology IT initiatives, and projects that impact the Imaging Operating Model. . The incumbent is responsible for coordinating and participating in Informatics related projects that include, but are not limited to: • New System Implementations • System Upgrades • Integration with internal (Imaging) and external (Partners, Vendors) applications • Informatics Process Improvements. The incumbent will be responsible for the formation and leadership of multi-functional and cross-organizational teams. Projects teams may be comprised of various Information Technology (IT) resources from Informatics, Imaging, various vendors, as well as, departmental operation managers and line personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Radiology IT Operations, Project Manager role includes, but is not limited to, a comprehensive understanding of and responsibility for the following areas:
* Strategic System Service, Support and Planning
* Actively participates in Strategic Planning Sessions for Informatics.
* Participates in Request For Information (RFI), Request For Proposal (RFP) projects and/or Statement of Work (SOW) development for product selection or product upgrades.
* Participates in initial vendor negotiations and ongoing vendor management for assigned projects.
* Ensures the process for project transition to ongoing production support is adhered to for assigned projects. Project Management
* Responsible for managing up to three (3) projects concurrently and/or performing multiple roles (Project Manager, Test Manager, Training Manager, etc.) within projects being managed.
* Responsible for communicating to project sponsors, stakeholders, team members and Imaging Leadership all relative project information.
* Incorporates standard deliverables for "People", "Process" and "Technology" components for every project.
* Owns the development, management and execution of all project plans and schedules. • Identifies and analyzes project risks and issues in order to formulate mitigation strategies and/or escalates project risks and issues to achieve resolution.
* Responsible for project administration to include but not limited to, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms and conference dial in numbers, creating and distribution of agendas, meeting minutes, schedules, risk/issues logs and status reports. Business and System Analysis
* Identifies and analyzes the impact to workflow and dataflow for all assigned projects and manages the project team to address all impacts.
* Leads information gathering session with Imaging Operations and Administration resources to document all business, system and functional requirements for assigned projects.
* Documents workflow processes for assigned projects. User Acceptance Testing/Training
* Identifies and analyzes the specific areas for system testing and training needs for all assigned projects and manages the project team to address all areas.
* Creates test plans, test case scenarios, test scripts and performs user acceptance testing for all assigned projects.
* Creates training plans, training materials and delivers training to Informatics Support Staff for all assigned projects. MGH Imaging Informatics provides direct support for hardware, software, network and project management to 1,700 MGH Radiology employees across multiple locations including Boston main campus, Chelsea, Charlestown, Waltham, Revere and Danvers. The team also provides support to referring physicians from MGH, affiliated hospitals, and outside physicians worldwide. In addition to support and services, the team also coordinates with Radiology departments at other Partners affiliated hospitals and with various Partners IS teams.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to carry out position with high degree of customer service, communication, teamwork, and timeliness.
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills • Must be courteous and polite in all communications and able to get ideas across in a non-confrontational manner.
* Extremely organized and detailed oriented
* Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Team Player
* Proficiency in MS Office product suite.
* Cubicle/Office environment • May travel to various MGH/PHS Imaging locations • Expected to work during core business hours, however this position may often require working beyond that to meet project deliverables. The information contained in this document is intended to describe the general contents and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills of individuals so classified
Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree Preferred: Certificate : PMP Equivalent Experience - Bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience required
Required: • 5 years of Project Management specific to Enterprise Information Technology implementations required.
3 - 5 years of experience in a dynamic and fast paced (24x7x365) operations environment required.
3 - 5 years of experience working in a large (over 5,000 employees) organization required. Preferred:
3 years of experience working in a healthcare IT related field.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.