As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Center for Clinical Data Science (CCDS) aims to transform healthcare through cutting-edge data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We combine a translational, product-focused, early-stage culture with the world-class researchers, physicians, and data/computing resources at Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women's Hospitals, as well as the broader Partners HealthCare System. The Center for Clinical Data Science provides the perfect environment to focus on using analytics to effect tangible advancements in medicine.
We are seeking a top-notch senior software engineer with a passion for creating technology solutions that are best-in-class. The software engineer will help create tools, empowered by machine learning, to impact healthcare across a spectrum of focus areas including medical imaging, diagnostics, clinical informatics and population health.
The ideal candidate will be a senior software engineer who is driven by building products that matter, with experience doing it successfully in the past - both independently as well as part of a competitive team. This person should be someone very senior who had experience leading a team in the past, has strong experience in microservices, service discovery, databases and monitoring.
S/he will have demonstrated the ability to find solutions where others couldn't, with the drive, energy and determination to pull the team forward and not quit until the impossible is possible. We're looking for self-starters with a strong sense of urgency, comfortable working independently and sourcing input where required, and with a tolerance for operating in a fast-paced early stage environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
o Highly comfortable in one of Redux/Flux/Reflux/MobX/Vuex and at least one of React/Vue/Angular
o Highly comfortable in ES6
* Fluency developing backend services & REST endpoints using one of the following:
o Java Spring
o Python Flask
o Python Django
o JS Node
* Experience with highly concurrent environments, network optimization, with bandwidth and compute resource optimization, as well as scalable computing strategies are strongly preferred * Fluent in best practices for secure data transmission * Highly comfortable working with databases
o 1 relational database (Postgres, MySql, etc.)
o 1 NoSQL database (mongoDB, redis, memcached, etc.)
* Highly comfortable leveraging message queues for asynchronous communication (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka, etc.) * Highly comfortable developing high-availability applications (redundancy, fault-tolerance, etc) * Comfortable using Docker * Comfortable with Apache/Nginx/HAProxy * Have shipped a product * Knowledge of software team management philosophies (e.g. Agile, Scrum) and various product management/software development tools (e.g., JIRA, Trello, etc.) are desired
* Strong sense of urgency and proactiveness * Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize work independently, and meet tight deadlines * Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to learn quickly * Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills with a high attention to detail * Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical teams, cross-functional teams, and staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel * Ability to relate to and gain insights from product end users * Excellent and succinct written and oral communication skills * Ability to effectively conduct meetings and lead and facilitate large working sessions with all levels of staff and across various stakeholder groups * Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization * Ability to empathize with the end user, understand and intuit customer needs
and gain insights from product end users
* Strong decision making skills, with the ability to negotiate/balance decisions and priorities across functions; comfort making hard decisions with incomplete data and in a timely manner * Demonstrates strong evidence of algorithmic and structured thinking, and intuition for logic, pattern matching, what-if analysis, problem decomposition. and synthesis * Demonstrates ability to organize and incorporate complex systems requirements into product features and prioritize features effectively
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.