This position, working under the supervision of the Medical Imaging IT Manager, functions as a primary contributor in the delivery of new technologies and applications, and contributes to upgrade projects for IT platforms and applications. These applications include PACS, report generation (Powerscribe), and workflow orchestration (Primordial). This position works collaboratively in a team of IT support specialists and analysts. When imaging services are rolled out to new locations, this position assists with set up and implementations. This position serves as a liaison between MIIT and operations. This position also performs end-user training, and analysis of applications support questions with a focus on optimizing the patient and user experience. May be assigned to support specific projects and initiatives.
* Delivers new technologies and applications to imaging departments, on main campus and at new sites. * Supports technology and software applications related to PACS and Radiologist and Technologist workflow. * Assists Clinical Directors with Department specific projects and initiatives as assigned. * Attends and participates in meetings and provides communication, feedback and follow through to customers, end users, managers and colleagues. * Understands relationship and interdependencies of applications with PACS system(s). * Assists in system management related functions. * Acts as a technical resource to other team members. * Analyzes Radiologist/Technologist/Practice clinical workflow to resolve issues and recommend application enhancements or workflow enhancements. * Able to support clinicians in changing/adapting workflow to leverage technology (with a goal of improving quality and patient safety). Able to conduct training on clinical applications and processes to Radiologists, Technologists, and administrative support staff. * Conducts implementation projects as assigned. * Works on an enterprise team with Rad IT colleagues as assigned. * Other projects and initiatives as assigned. * Some off-campus support may be required (personal car and/or shuttle van travel required) * Provides quality customer service and serves as an exemplary customer representative from Medical Imaging IT. * Bachelors degree.
* Three to five years of related experience in Radiology or Health Care.
* Knowledge of clinical IS systems preferred.
* Experience in end-user training on clinical IS systems preferred.
* Experience with PCs, Internet, and computer based transactional systems.
* Knowledge of process improvement processes or project management processes for implementation of new technologies is a plus.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.