As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
Partners Healthcare Systems' (PHS) Enterprise Research Infrastructure and Services (ERIS http://rc.partners.org) is immediately seeking an Infrastructure Architect. This position will work within a multi-disciplinary team to architect, builds, maintains and support a new private cloud platform to support multiple Big Data environments. The role is responsible for the infrastructure and includes managing the storage and compute equipement and its network, deployment/patch automation and technical troubleshooting.
Working with the team, you will use your knowledge to design a high-throughput network topology, select vendors to build the compute and storage infrastructure, evaluate Cloud Management Platform solutions to enable integration with public cloud providers, and work with the vendors to install the equipement in the data center.
The role is challenging and varied, requiring technical, interpersonal and problem solving abilities. Ideal candidates must demonstrate the ability and desire to learn and thrive on variety and innovation in their daily work on interaction with customers who are world-renowned leaders in their scientific field.
ERIS enables and provides technology and solutions to the highly successful and innovative research and clinical programs of the top teaching hospitals in the world--Massachusetts General (MGH #1 healthcare research organization), Brigham and Women's (BWH #2), McLean (# 23) and Spaulding Rehabilitation (#24).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Evaluate, select and deploy hardware, including storage, compute and network solutions.
* Design the datacenter network architecture (i.e. leaf-spine Vs. core/aggregation/access layers) to guarantee redundancy and performance.
* Implement network virtualization overlay and other technologies to integrate On-Premises and Cloud applications, enabling the adoption of different hybrid cloud models (Cloud bursting, Workload localization, etc)
* Integrate Software-Defined Networking and Software-Define Storage solutions to introduce flexibility and automation for data center infrastructure.
* Install, expand and optimize the compute and storage infrastructure as needed to meet demands.
* Monitor compute, storage and network infrastructure to guarranete service availability, improve performance and optimize resource utilization.
* Propose, maintain and enforce polices, practices and security procedures.
* Provide break/fix support, setup/installation support, escalation support, and solutions support
* Develop and maintain system documentation using knowledge management tools.
* Test, deploy and maintain disaster recovery (DR) and backup infrastructure.
* Field work within the corporate datacenter.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required by the situation and circumstances.
* BA/BS/engineering degree required or equivalent combination of skills/experience. Advanced degree in engineering or related scientific discipline preferred.
* 8 years minimum experience on hardware and network infrastructure roles.
* Profesional certifications (CCNA, EMC, VMware, etc) will be a plus.
* A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
* Must have experience managing network gear, such as Arista, Cisco, F5, etc.
* Deep knowledge of Level 2 network protocols (Ethernet, VLAN, LACP, etc) and Level 3 protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, etc)
* Understanding of common Level 5-7 network protocols, like SMB, SSL, DNS, NFS and HTTP.
* Demonstrated ability designing the deployment architecture in an on-premise environment, including sizing, configuration, and optimization.
* Experience in working with server hardware (Cisco UCS, HP,etc) and virtualization technologies (VMware or KVM are preffered)
* Knowledge of or past experience with NAS technologies such as NetApp, NFS servers, Isilon, etc. and other storage technologies (SAN and Object Storage)
* Exposure or solid understanding of Private Cloud and Cloud Management Platform solutions, like OpenStack, CloudForms, RightScale, etc.
* Proficient in High Availability and Disaster Recovey strategies.
* Experience with monitoring software such as SolarWinds, Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix, etc.
* Familiarity with information technology security and data privacy considerations applicable to a healthcare environment is advantageous
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements, keeping team and management informed.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstration of a professional demeanor
* Standard office environment with travel to Hospital locations in the Boston Metro area including the data centers
* As projects and priorities dictate, flexible work and off-hours are required including evening, night and weekend hours to cover events, roll-outs and special projects
* Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.