The Project Manager in the International Solutions team is responsible for successfully completing large, complex, cross-functional projects across the globe for the Costco International efforts. This position provides indirect leadership to project teams through all phases of the project and/or program. This person will lead efforts to define international technology solution delivery and coordinate with appropriate verticals/horizontals as well as in country local IT teams to facilitate implementation of such efforts. This position also provides all of the necessary direction, coordination and follow-up to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, with requirements met, with quality and completed supportable models for global operations.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Works with functional managers to staff projects by acquiring the necessary personnel from the various functional areas.
* Works with the project team to define and document project scope.
* Works with team leads to create project plan and critical path at the appropriate level of detail and manage tasks to support Project governance requirements.
* Plans, leads and delivers highly technical, complex IT solutions across multiple business, IT and country teams.
* Develops project budgets, manage changes and tracks actual costs and variance to approved budget.
* Manages issues, risks, and changes to project scope, schedule and budget.
* Manages the completion of project tasks according to the schedule.
* Communicates project status to IS and business management.
* Finalizes project through identification and summarization of lessons learned and creation of the project closedown report.
* Mentors team members in project management artifacts, processes, tools and techniques.
* Ensures all project artifacts and deliverables are documented, approved, and stored for re-usability, support, and audit purposes in designated project tools.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum of five years' experience applying project management methodologies.
* Experience in leading portfolio and/or project management efforts using industry standard methods.
* Demonstrated leadership in simultaneously managing multiple large, complex, cross-functional projects on time, on budget, with requirements met.
* Proven ability to develop business relationships and work successfully with people at all levels of management.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills to executive level business stakeholders.
* Proven ability to manage program/project level budgeting and provide financial tracking over multiple countries and several million dollars.
* Demonstrated ability to motivate project teams in the completion of projects.
* Extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
* Available for evening, weekend, and Holiday work.
* Must be available for travel up to 25% of the time.
* Familiarity with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is desired.
* Experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC) desired.
* Experience with Google Docs and Google Sites desired.
* Demonstrated experience to plan, lead and deliver highly technical, complex IT solutions across multiple business, IT and country teams.
* Navigate successfully in a highly matrixed organization.
* Demonstrate technical and / or data related acumen, as a project manager.
* Project experience in one or more of the following areas: large scale SAP rollouts, Oracle, International country experience.
* Demonstrate core project management skills including communication plans, statuses, scope, charter, and risk management documents and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* LEAN, Six Sigma or PM/PMP certifications encouraged.
* Multi-lingual (Korean, Japanese, Spanish, German, French, and/or Chinese).
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.