The Ancillary Test Automation Analyst - QA will be instrumental in defining, documenting, implementing, and maintaining the automated test cases and framework for Ancillary Businesses at Costco. This person will work with the Design, Development, and Quality Assurance teams to define and document automated test case and framework requirements; analyze target applications/systems under test to derive effective automated test scenarios; develop automated test scripts and related framework; execute automated tests; report and analyze test results; report discovered defects; remediate defects; and support and maintain QA Environments. This person must have a proven track record for implementing value-established methodologies in test automation frameworks, with "from the ground up" experience preferred. This position requires effective interpersonal communication skills.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Responsible for providing accurate project estimates for assigned tasks as requested by the Automation project lead. * Collaborate with IS development, database, architecture and business teams for identification of coherent and targeted automation framework and automated test script requirements. * Design and develop automation frameworks and associated test scripts using Ranorex, MS SQL Server, Parasoft SOATest, and HP Quality Center/ALM. * Execute automated test scripts, research and remediate test run failures and report test results. * Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all documentation for assigned work products. * Mentor on design and usage of completed deliverables to other QA Automation Analysts or members of the QA teams, with successful handoff of test script execution and maintenance being the goal. * Submit weekly status reports highlighting progress, accomplishments, issues, and action items, to the QA Team manager. * Responsible for keeping current on technology related to his/her area of focus. This will be accomplished through ongoing formal and informal training and reading industry information. * Responsible for upkeep and maintenance on test environments necessary for QA testing.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other areas of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Minimum of five (5) years of progressive, hands-on software quality assurance experience, with a sound understanding of Quality processes and methodologies and their purpose and place within the SDLC. * Five or more (5+) years hands-on experience with scripting and executing automated tests, with expertise in leveraging the diverse capabilities of C# and Ranorex. Comparable experience with IBM Rational Functional Tester, Selenium, Segue/Borland SilkTest, Visual Studio Team Test, or equivalent may be considered. Proficiency in test script and framework component development with this core tool set is essential to success. * Five or more (5+) years experience developing and sustaining automated frameworks and scripts for automated functional testing in one or more of the following technology domains required: Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Linux, IBM iSeries with RUMBA, client-server/RDBMS with one or more of the following operating systems: Windows server, Linux, UNIX/AIX, .NET Desktop applications, and n-tier enterprise level ecommerce websites. Experience with enterprise web applications developed in IBM WebSphere technologies a significant plus. * Understanding of object oriented design and programming concepts and principles. * T-SQL stored procedure programming experience for test data management, configuration management and data validation from within test automation scripts. Experience working with relational databases including MSSQL and DB2 preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
* Experience with web services testing. Experience using Parasoft SOATest a plus. * Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills. * Demonstrable mentoring and training automation skills to/with onsite/offsite team members. * Excellent Organizational skills with effective verbal and written communication skills. * Proven ability to work under pressure & effectively with various IS technical teams and with business groups with minimal supervision. * Excellent skills in all of the following areas: analysis and problem solving, good development practices, troubleshooting and maintenance. * 4-year degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience. * Experience working with Costco Pharmacy, Optical, or Hearing Aid businesses. * Working knowledge of HP ALM. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.