Description of position
Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced IBM Sterling OMS Developer to design, develop, maintain, extend applications and implement projects based on the IBM Sterling OMS capabilities (Sterling Distributed Order Management, Selling and Fulfillment, Global Inventory Visibility, Reverse Logistics, Supply Collaboration) in accordance with the Costco development and project management methodologies and practices.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on various internal and external applications focused on automating and modernizing the Order Management processes for a fortune 50 company.
Tasks and responsibilities
* Provides technical leadership for the Order Management Solutions team.
* Designs and implements Sterling OMS solutions into existing environments and designing business workflows to ensure proper application mapping/flow.
* Leads in design sessions and code reviews of extensions and customizations of the Sterling development framework.
* Develops Java based extensions of Sterling OMS, Java/EE, and Oracle and Middleware technologies.
* Supports a wide range of technology projects using Sterling OMS, including configurations, software development, installation of patches and upgrades, etc.
* Collaborates with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to extend the capabilities of the Sterling OMS platform.
* Partners with other technical teams (middleware, database, infrastructure, etc.), create interface documents and mappings to ensure that the OMS is built in a Service Oriented Architecture manner.
* Participates and supports in the solution testing and deployment.
* Provides technical expertise in establishing processes and procedures to ensure standards are followed.
* Collaborates with Center of Excellence teams providing feedback and disseminating latest reference architecture.
* Consults on short and long term project planning efforts as relates to software development.
* Develops and documents standard operating procedures, best practices and technical documentation in a technical repository.
* Fosters a strong team dynamic.
* Provides 3rd-level application support for the OMS system/interfacing applications.
* Available for periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays.
* Available for 24 by 7 support as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
* 4 plus years of experience designing and implementing Sterling OMS solutions into existing environments.
* Ability to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solution and functional design documents to support development of final solutions.
* Configuration/Administrator level knowledge using Sterling Order Management components, API's, related interfaces and configuration.
* Writing of product extensions and interfaces to ensure proper functionality and integration with other systems.
* Design of business workflows to ensure proper application mapping/flow.
* Proven ability to partner with quality assurance teams to develop and execute automated testing scenarios to support end-user and performance-based testing.
* Experience in Java/EE and specifically in developing Java based extensions of Sterling OMS.
* Experience in Oracle and Middleware technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to partner with stakeholders inside and outside of IS as well as vendors and other external entities.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction, is a self starter with strong initiative, and ability to manage/execute workload to deliver high quality results.
* Proven ability to provide project estimates and lead technical teams to consistently meet commitments.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
* 4 years of experience in a Sterling production support team lead or related role, which includes:
* Familiarity with WebSphere Commerce.
* Experience with JMS messaging services.
* Additional experience with Sterling WebCallCenter, Sterling WebStore and Sterling RCP would be preferable but not required.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.