Airbnb's mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we're looking to add a security-minded, mission-driven TPM to support our security initiatives around data security, production security, identity and access management, and compliance activities. This work will require significant cross-functional collaboration with all parts of the organization. If you possess a blend of strategic, tactical and technical security skills, and can combine that with business insight and meaningful processes, we are looking for you.
* Lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects for information security and data privacy within Agile-based information security software engineering teams to solve large scale security and privacy problems for Airbnb
* Coordinate security development projects across many functional areas in order to deliver features and releases. Leverage data about how Airbnb internal customers are using internal security product and services to influence design and direction of internal security products and services.
* Work closely with engineering managers and product managers to identify engineering opportunities. Help PM and Engineers to translate high-level, ambiguous security goals into working software solutions. * Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. * Lead delivery of the large, complex projects by anticipating bottlenecks, provide escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints. * Operationalize and evangelize the responsibilities for service ownership at Airbnb. * Develop tools, documentation and processes to improve software engineering productivity. * Interact with senior engineers throughout the company to determine the best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying software solutions/components.
* Proficient understanding of technical concepts and configurations in cloud-based environment. You will be managing projects that focus on technical security controls to meet internal policies and compliances. * Previous security software engineering & development & operation experience is preferred. Experience in one or more of the following: Ruby, Python, Java, C, C++ is a plus. * Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line. * Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences. * Demonstrated knowledge of security threats, issues, techniques and implications. * Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues. * Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative. * Ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across cross-matrix organization. * Track record of transitioning immature or emerging technologies into engineering internal products for security infrastructure, production or data platform. * Experience with Jira & Confluence * BA/BS degree, minimum 5 years technical project management experience and minimum 3 years working with security, software development or technical operation experience.
* Stock * Competitive salaries * Quarterly employee travel coupon * Paid time off * Medical, dental, & vision insurance * Life insurance and disability benefits * Fitness Discounts * 401K * Flexible Spending Accounts * Apple equipment * Commuter Subsidies * Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community) * Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours * Much more...
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.