Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accommodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus, Luxury) and expects to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trip Platform team delivers and maintains a cohesive experience through which guests on Airbnb explore our offerings across verticals, plan the details of their trip collaboratively and look for assistance while on trip. Additionally, the team provides generic solutions enabling integration that supports our existing and future businesses; making it easier to launch new offerings and cheaper to maintain existing ones.
We are looking for candidates with experience building a long-term technology stack that is service-oriented, modular, granular, observable, and efficient, and building a shared infrastructure that enables teams throughout Airbnb to implement features in a standardized and consistent way. You'll have the opportunity to work closely alongside other product, platform and infra teams, as well as with cross functional partners in product, design, and data science at Airbnb to solve challenging problems.
* Search backend: core backend system powers the entire search functionality including search results hydration, section ranking, search input processing, and etc in Airbnb product to support all product verticals including Homes, Experiences, Lux and future ones.
* Knowledge Graph: building the world's largest knowledge base for travel in Airbnb by creating the most scalable system to store and serve structured data for both online and offline use cases throughout the entire Airbnb.
* Trip Planner backend: The Trip Planner is where guests plan their complete trip on Airbnb. The backend system that powers this product will be a flexible and extensible platform, enabling teams across the company to quickly add new offerings and personalized recommendations. The system is also responsible for managing user itineraries and reservations, meaning it has to be secure, scalable, and highly resilient.
* User profiler: the single system that computes and stores comprehensive real-time user signals being collected across the entire Airbnb product, which is used to power Airbnb's search ranking and in-product personalization, as well as multiple other key systems and products within Airbnb.
* Strong knowledge of Java
* Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, scalable and reliable services, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
* 5+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
* Ability to write high performance production quality code.
* Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.