Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accommodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus, Luxury) and expects to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trip Platform team delivers and maintains a cohesive experience through which guests on Airbnb explore our offerings across verticals, plan the details of their trip collaboratively and look for assistance while on trip. Additionally, the team provides generic solutions enabling integration that supports our existing and future businesses; making it easier to launch new offerings and cheaper to maintain existing ones.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about building products that delight our users. You'll have the opportunity to work closely alongside other product, platform and infra teams, as well as with cross functional partners in product, design, and data science to build for the end-to-end trip. You will help shape both the product and technical vision with your team and work to create a scalable platform to power Airbnb's existing and new businesses.
* Search Filter System - Building a flexible server driven system to allow filters to be easily customizable on all frontend clients with purely a backend change. Then leveraging this system to rank and suggest the best filters for a user.
* Homepage - Optimizing the homepage to improve bounces rates through user experience improvements and more targeted education.
* Destination Guide - Help guests decide where to go and what to do with a contextually aware destination guide that flexes to support a variety of surfaces, zoom levels, and guest preferences.
* Trip Planner - Build cross-platform features that enable guests to find ideas for upcoming trips, collaborate with fellow travelers, and receive relevant recommendations while on-trip. Create features that not only show up in the Trip Planner, but can be reused across the entire site.
* 5+ years industry experience
* Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
* Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
* Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners
* 5+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
* Ability to write high performance production quality code.
* Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company which provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.