At Capco, we are looking for talented Technology Consultants with previous consulting or industry experience, and a genuine interest in progressing their career to the next level by joining our fast-growing practice.
We are looking for inquisitive and innovative individuals to advise on and deliver change projects for some of the leading energy and financial institutions in the market, challenge our clients with their ideas and drive results, and contribute to Capco's already amazing growth story.
As a Technology Consultant at Capco, you will play a key role in the delivery of projects and change initiatives for leading clients across all industries, including but not limited to Gas & Oil, Electric Utilities, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Wealth and/or Insurance.
A Project Manager will work closely with project teams, Product Owners, and client stakeholders to resolve conflicts and remove barriers, ensuring deliverables are on-time and meet quality standards. The Project Manager / Scrum Master will estimate level of effort, plan sprint backlogs, facilitate daily scrums, and conduct sprint demos, as well as support the Product Owner in refining and grooming the product backlog, maintaining an understanding of technical and functional requirements to ensure gaps are identified and addressed.
Primary Job Functions:
* Manage workstreams leveraging Agile processes, and partner with clients, Product Owners, and project teams to ensure on-time, and on-budget, quality delivery
* Work alongside Product Owners to refine and groom the product backlog, forecast sprint iterations, and resolve team/stakeholder conflicts
* Coach individuals in Agile processes and tools
* Facilitate scrums, and conduct sprint demos and retrospectives
* Track progress through backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, etc.
* Drive continual improvement and innovation in the platform and application development process
* Be responsible as coordinator and fixer of all issues and ensure that the team can deliver with minimal blockers
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of six (6) years of Agile project management or solution delivery experience, within the Energy and Financial Services industries preferably.
* Extensive experience leading small teams in an Agile environment, identifying and converting requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria, and effectively communicating between project teams, Product Owners, and stakeholders.
* Intimate knowledge and understanding of Agile and Scrum, with proven experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
* Experience implementing best Agile practices and standards, and mentoring/teaching junior practitioners
* Scrum Master certification (e.g. CSM, PSM, and SSM) is required, and additional SAFe certifications are preferred
* The individual must be comfortable working across business and IT domains, and possess the ability to shift between technical analysis and business value discussions.
* "Nice to have" experience with project management tools (e.g. Jira, Rally, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
Capco, a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry.