A great project manager for Infrastructure and Platform teams will live and breathe the project schedule, status rollup, and release management for the most heavily used parts of PlanGrid. You should be obsessed with measuring project health and team effectiveness in pursuit of disrupting the heart of what PlanGrid is today.
You will work within the R&D organization with the knowledge and influence to bridge the gaps among PlanGrid feature development teams and their needs with platform and infrastructure engineering output. Working with the initiative leads and engineering managers, you will expose gaps in project plans and facilitate proper breakdown of work into appropriately scoped deliverables. You will commit to understanding the direction of our product and use this information to convey status within the organization.
Overall, you will:
* Coordinate the design, implementation and delivery of software to unveil infrastructure changes to better support our PlanGrid developer community and software releases.
* Coordinate and lead deliveries of software in the PlanGrid Platform teams (mobile, web, and backend services), working with remote teams in some cases as part of the large unification project into Autodesk platform.
* Work with engineering managers and tech leads to build schedule automation into our issue tracking software to ensure early detection of project slippage.
* Perform weekly audits of project schedule and task accounting rolling this information up into our quarterly investment and stoplight tracking databases.
* Design process changes and propose tools that ensure the high quality releases.
* Facilitate weekly defect triage processes.
* Own periodic communications to the R&D organization around major releases.
* Be a point of contact for dashboard maintenance, and software estimation best practices.
In the First 3 Months, You Will:
* Define project tracking best practices with existing Project managers within the organization.
* Update communications and process documentation
* Clean up and standardize our internal JIRA triage and ticket management processes that we will build processes around.
* Roll out new team dashboards to radiate information on schedule, resource planning, and other key product metrics.
Who You Are
* Familiar with the standard software engineering paradigms, lifecycles and development practices; and have at least 6 years of experience managing complex projects spanning multiple teams
* Have a track record of successful project deliveries with teams who are either remote and/or offshore
* Simply amazing when it comes to time management. Your friends are convinced you have a flying Delorean parked somewhere
* A team player with ability to organize and partner with all roles at all levels of the organization
* Write well, communicate better and have the ability to explain the tax code to a 7 year old
* Love that your work solves real problems for real people, and want to own a very key portion of the delivery chain in a pretty darn awesome startup
* Located in San Francisco's Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
* Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
* Flexible vacation
* Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
* Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid's commitment with Circle the Schools).
* Dog-friendly office
* Catered lunches
* Office is wheelchair accessible
* We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid's mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data - including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid's software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries.
Join us as PlanGrid and ACS advance Autodesk's leadership in construction.
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk's Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
PlanGrid is a company that develops a cloud-based application that allows users to store blueprints and construction documents on iOS devices.