About the Role:
PlanGrid Engineering operates cross-functionally, which means we build features and ship them quickly across all our supported platforms. Our stacks are diverse so you will get exposure to many technologies including Swift, Android, Python, Mongo, PostgreSQL, React, .NET.
You will tackle difficult and interesting challenges and help build and improve the core field experience of PlanGrid. These include:
* Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
* Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
* Building tools to streamline communication and collaboration on the construction site
* Tackling synchronization and consistency that allows our users to work and edit offline
* Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools
We are open to remote engineers
* Have at least 3 years of engineering experience
* Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
* Have the passion and dedication to write highly scalable, reliable code
* Love solving tricky problems
* Have experience with at least one server side framework (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.)
* Have experience with at least one of the following:
* Building client side Java applications (preferably for Android)
* Building iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift
* Team player - you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
* Located in San Francisco's Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
* 401k + Company matching
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* $500 annual wellness reimbursement
* Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Dog-friendly office
* Catered lunches 3x/week
* We provide paid parental leave for both parents
* Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software that construction teams love to use. As part of Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), whose mission is to seamlessly connect the office, trailer and the field across the entire construction project lifecycle, PlanGrid's mobile-first solutions empower general contractors, subcontractors, owners and architects to provide fast, accurate information to the field. With unparalleled adoption by field workers, PlanGrid is used on projects as the single source of truth for all construction data - including drawings, photos, and other critical documents. As a result, critical workflows are streamlined, efficiency is improved and field teams can take on more work and get more done. PlanGrid's software and other Autodesk Construction Solutions products enable a complete data set to move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover, and operations. PlanGrid is used on more 1.5 million construction projects in 100+ countries.
Join us as PlanGrid and ACS advance Autodesk's leadership in construction.
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk's Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
PlanGrid is a cloud-based app that allows users to store blueprints and construction documents on iPad and iPhone.