AECOM is hiring a Project Manager for our Buildings + Places practice in Chicago, IL who is capable of managing multiple project of varying complexity from the pursuit stage through project close out. The ideal candidate should have past experience in managing design projects and teams, client relationships, and understands best management practices as defined by the Project Management Institute. This individual will be accountable for project performance management of schedule, internal budge and resources.
AECOM's Buildings + Places business line is dedicated to design excellence and an integrated approach to creative problem-solving. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, the connections we make among people and places provide new insight to better outcomes for clients and communities. Better outcomes grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through relevant and innovative design solutions. Our expertise includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
* BA/BS in Architecture or Building Engineering and 6+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of education/experience
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of internal staff
* Strong understanding of design process and ability to develop a delivery plan.
* Skilled at breaking down complex situations or requirements into understood and manageable tasks.
* Accountable for project performance; management of schedule, internal budget, and resources.
* Understanding of differing contract types and associated risks.
* Understanding of best management practices in project management including project performance tracking and metrics, change management, schedule management, and the like. AECOM provides its PMs with an internal training curriculum which provides our PMs with a foundation in best management practices. Curriculum would need to be completed within 6 months of hiring.
* Experience in managing design projects and teams
* Well versed in current design software, associated with associated design discipline
* Registered Architect or Professional Engineer preferred
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 216664BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.