United States of America - New York, New York City
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Senior Scheduler for immediate employment in the NYC Metro office for NYC's Wastewater Resiliency Program. This $400M program is implementing upgrades to wastewater facilities across NYC's five boroughs using a job-order-contracting approach for the New York Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP).
The preferred candidate:
* Has a demonstrated ability to effectively lead the scheduling function on this large program.
* Conducts root cause analyses and reports to various program stakeholders both at the project and program levels.
* Drafts comprehensive program procedures.
* Possesses proven knowledge of scope control and change management.
* Utilizes extensive knowledge of construction contracting including the manner in which contract type effects implementation of project controls systems.
* Reviews performance trends, prepares analysis and cost impact and monthly project performance reports, and recommends contractor invoices for approval.
* Evaluates manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements versus budget limitations.
* Oversees the production and maintenance of accurate project schedules. Expert understanding of schedule resource loading and leveling.
* Holds an expert understanding of schedule, critical path analysis, resource loading and leveling.
* Establishes and maintains client relationships.
* Leads Program schedule development and management with input from program stakeholders.
* Reviews and analyzes project and program schedules and oversees the production of accurate progress/performance reports.
* Able to review and assess (as required) raw data that comes from project automated systems.
* Assumes mentoring and training roles for scheduling and controls staff and identifies high potential employees to management.
* Able to manage multiple project schedules plus a Master Program Schedule.
* 15+ years of related project/program scheduling experience, including 5 years serving as senior/master scheduler
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
* Excellent communication skills with project team and ability to multi-task on several projects at once and prepare client briefings.
* Understanding of the development of Integrated Project Schedules, Time Impact Analyses in both an engineering and construction environment
* Proficient with the latest releases of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project Manager Scheduling software, PMA NetPoint, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Process a working knowledge in the use of Cost and Man hour Resource Loaded CPM Schedules
* Have a keen understanding in the use and analysis of Schedule Risk Analysis software
* Experience working for construction contractor(s) in NYC
* Advanced degree in related field.
* Interfaces with clients and attends project meetings as needed on a regular basis.
* Experience with NYCDEP projects.
* Experience with a mega-Program or job order contracting.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 215850BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.