About the team:
Capco Energy Solutions is the Energy industry focused division of Capco, a fully independent, global management and technology consultancy. For nearly 20 years we have combined innovative thinking with deep industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital transformation and technology services to energy markets including Commodity Trading & Risk Management; Utilities & Retail Energy; Transportation & Logistics; and Oil & Gas. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter.
About the Job:
As a Program Manager at Capco, you will play a key role in leading teams that deliver of projects for change initiatives for leading clients across all industries, including but not limited to Gas & Oil, Electric Utilities, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Wealth and/or Insurance.
A Program Manager will lead and manage project teams and interface and build relationships with the client. The Program Manager will build relationships with client stakeholders to resolve conflicts and remove barriers, ensuring deliverables are on-time and meet quality standards. The Program Manager will estimate level of effort, plan sprint backlogs, facilitate daily and conduct sprint demos, as well as support the Product Owner in refining and grooming the product backlog, maintaining an understanding of technical and functional requirements to ensure gaps are identified and addressed.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Manage workstreams leveraging Agile processes, and partner with clients, Product Owners, and project teams to ensure on-time, and on-budget, quality delivery
* Work alongside Product Owners to refine and groom the product backlog, forecast sprint iterations, and resolve team/stakeholder conflicts
* Coach individuals in Agile processes and tools
* Drive continual improvement and innovation in the platform and application development process
* Drive business development with existing clients and new clients
* Lead, manage and coach teams of up to 10 people
* Interview new candidates and work with employees on their goals
* Be responsible as coordinator and fixer of all issues and ensure that the team can deliver with minimal blockers
What You'll Bring with You:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of six (6) years of Agile project management or solution delivery experience, within the Energy and Financial Services industries preferably.
* Extensive experience leading small teams in an Agile environment, identifying and converting requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria, and effectively communicating between project teams, Product Owners, and stakeholders.
* Intimate knowledge and understanding of Agile and Scrum, with proven experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
* Experience implementing best Agile practices and standards, and mentoring/teaching junior practitioners
* The individual must be comfortable working across business and IT domains, and possess the ability to shift between technical analysis and business value discussions.
* "Nice to have" experience with project management tools (e.g. Jira, Rally, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
You will join a company that supports and encourages an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. Capco is not about organizational charts and layers - we operate with little hierarchy because we want all employees to feel that Capco is their firm.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to get started?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory
Capco, a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry.