We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people's busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
The Product Designer will be working across platforms to elevate Calm's offering in a variety of digital and physical spaces. Having an adept capacity to apply appropriate design methodologies to match the requisites of the projects is key. We have a rapidly growing product which is catalyzed by a fast-paced environment. Nimbleness matched with efficacy are intrinsic qualities to this role.
A great fit for this role will love talking to others about their work in structured and unstructured settings. A person who thinks great product design ideas can come from anyone in the company, and has an open ear to those perspectives. At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness more accessible through digital and non-digital products, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission.
* Execute end-to-end design efforts across all our platforms, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
* Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
* Include a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse talent and knowledge in the office to elevate your work and the product.
* Utilize a wide gamut of methodologies to effectively communicate product and designs ideas.
* Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high quality execution.
* Research other offerings in the digital subscription and health/wellness space to best understand industry trends.
* Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity.
* Demonstrated success, experienced with 7+ years in interface and user experience design at a consumer product company.
* You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward thinking with approachability.
* Must have experience with Sketch, Sketch Libraries, and Abstract. Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
* Comfortable with different software development methodologies and tools (we currently use JIRA and Confluence)
* Proven understanding and experience with user research, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
* Experience designing for mobile consumer apps and/or subscription services.
* Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems.
* Experienced in conducting customer research and usability sessions.
* Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
* Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
* Excited and knowledgeable about the technical capacities and differences between Web, iOS, and Android.
* Competitive salary and equity
* Unlimited PTO
* We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
* Commuter benefits
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Apple equipment
* Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
* Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!
Our mission is to make the world healthier and happier through the super power of meditation and mindfulness.