We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people's busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 45 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As a Data Scientist at Calm, your mission will be to build new machine-learning models to help us predict key metrics, personalize the Calm app experience, and make marketing spend more efficient. To do so, you will need to work with key stakeholders in product, lifecycle and marketing to spec out and prioritize potential models. You will get to to develop prototypes of models, present insights from the model to the team, and deploy those models into production. You will also have the opportunity to create and improve data engineering pipelines in order to build those models. Lastly, you will also help build out our codebase so that we can iterate through model development more quickly.
* Deploy new machine learning models into production
* Use models to gain new understandings about our product, marketing process, etc.
* Present insights and model assessments to team
* Test new models and iterations to demonstrate their positive impact on key metrics, marketing efficiency, etc.
* Work collaboratively with product, marketing, lifecycle, and engineering teams to spec out and prioritize development of new models
* Help with data engineering, where needed, to improve data
* Understand flaws in data quality and work to improve them
* Demonstrate that your work has been diligently and rigorously implemented, so that team members have greater trust in the data and the potential of machine learning
* Improve our infrastructure so that we can iterate through model development more quickly
* Strong ability to code in Python and relevant packages (pandas, scikit-learn, numpy, etc)
* Ability to write complex SQL queries
* Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
* Ability to work with AWS ecosystem from the command line and with code
* Able to rigorously and quickly develop new machine learning models
* Ability to put models into production
* Knowledge of statistic modeling
* Strong communicator, both written and verbal
* Strong product instincts
* Enjoy working autonomously
* Balance the need to move quickly with diligence and attention to detail
* Competitive salary and equity
* Unlimited PTO
* We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
* Commuter benefits
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Apple equipment
* Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
* Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!
Calm is a provider of a mobile app for meditation, sleep, and mental wellness.