Come join the top industrial research group for mobile and wireless system as a Principal Researcher. The mission of the Mobility & Networking Research (MNR) Group at Microsoft Research is to invent and research technologies that make Microsoft's networks, services, and devices indispensable to the world. The MNR group focuses on basic and applied research in all areas related to networked systems and mobile computing. We build proof-of-concept systems, engage with academia, publish scientific papers, publish software for the research community, and transfer cutting-edge technologies to Microsoft's product groups. The MNR group has dominated top academic conferences including ACM MobiSys, SIGCOMM, and USENIX OSDI and NSDI, and has had massive impact on the Microsoft cloud (Azure) and Windows by productizing research technologies including Software Defined Networking, Microsoft Embedded Social, Xbox HypeZone, Hardware-accelerated Datapath, and Network Verification.
* PhD in mobile and wireless systems, computer networking or a related area or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of work experience in industry or academia
* A world-class research agenda demonstrated by journal and conference publications
* Strong understanding of state-of-the-art in software systems and software engineering
* Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
* Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop and drive an ambitious, high-impact, research agenda in mobile systems, embedded systems, IoT, 5G and wireless systems.
* Collaborate to develop and test out new ideas within existing or new collaborations within the group and with others
* Write code and build new hardware to test new approaches or develop novel theoretical and practical insights
* Published technical papers and presentations
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.