Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a related degree and equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated ability to design comprehensive validation and verification strategies with supporting documentation including test plans, procedures, and reports.
* 7 or more years' of experience in a relevant field.
* 4 or more years' experience coding and debugging in C, C++ and/or C#, and in the Windows Platform.
* 1 or more ship cycles - Experienced shipping software and having been through more than one shipping cycle (same or different product).
* Working knowledge of 2 or more PC subsystems: WiFi, Bluetooth, Networking, Audio, Video, Display and Graphics, SSD and Storage, Touch systems, external ports like USB and DisplayPort, and UEFI.
* Ability to demonstrate a strong skill-set in analytical problem solving, a history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communications.
* Domestic and international travel may be required.
Additional desirable qualifications:
* Deep background and understanding in Windows and PC architecture, including driver architecture.
* Electrical Engineering knowledge or experience.
* Working knowledge of firmware and/or embedded systems.
* Experience using a debugger to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems.
* Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
* High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Surface team is seeking qualified candidates for SDET/Engineer positions in the Design Verification team to work on our next generation Surface. You will be responsible for the design verification, characterization, tuning and qualification of Surface hardware. You will develop comprehensive verification and characterization strategies and plans that bridge high-level use cases to product architecture/design to effectively and systematically reveal and screen out defects. The Engineer provides critical analysis of data and drives the right solutions, design changes, optimizations and trade-offs in the context of business priorities. On a frequent basis, you will create and introduce innovative test techniques and methods to ensure robust product qualification. You will also lead test strategy discussions, develop test methodologies and plans, execute test procedures, and project-manage qualification cycles.
The engineer will work in a fast-paced environment and will need to demonstrate ability to learn new technologies, make progress quickly and with the maturity to identify and fill gaps. Candidates must enjoy working collaboratively with development, program management, hardware engineers, and partner teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated engineer with a passion for integrated experiences to thrive in a small team environment. This person will ensure we are delivering the complete end-to-end hardware and software experiences that delight our customers. The ideal candidate would be an engineer with a Major in CS and Minor in EE.
The Candidate will:
* Be responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of their features, with opportunities to stretch more broadly. This will include working closely with software and hardware developers and program managers to create solid core designs and enable testability of the products.
* Develop new test architectures, methodologies, tools and comprehensive test plans. This includes documenting test architecture, test plans and test cases.
* Conduct technical reviews throughout the development process. This would include reviews of the test architectures, test plans, test cases, and results.
* Create appropriate test automation for all aspects of assigned features including core scenarios, performance, reliability, and stress.
* Work on new devices at various stages of hardware development including proto-type hardware.
* Drive defect reproduction and analysis, study of data produced from static and dynamic code analysis tools, and participate in specification reviews, design reviews, and code reviews.
* Drive test analysis through test suite code coverage and data analysis tools.
* Identify product risk areas and mitigate them through targeted testing.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.