Microsoft Office is in the middle of a period of significant transition. We recently became a part of the large Experiences and Devices (E + D) org. Office is moving from a focus on large scale, perpetual releases to frequent updates and a subscription model. On top of that, web, mobile, and services are becoming more of the focus and direction for the future of Office. Our team is chartered with enabling E + D to make faster and more confident release decisions across all evergreen and perpetual products. We have made great progress so far, but the changes in the environment, customer needs, and technology means we have a long way to reach our goals.
The Modern Release Orchestration Program Manager/Product Manager will influence the vision, evolution, execution, and evangelism of the engineering tools and systems that E + D will use to deliver on the key product goals. You will be responsible for working with your engineering counterparts in standing up services and solutions, designing user experiences that are intuitive for complex problems, working with data science organizations to deliver critical data to engineering, and collaborating with several partner teams towards the goal of ensuring the E + D teams love the tools and processes they have to deliver great products to our customers.
* 5+ years of related program management / technical product management experience
* Broad understanding of developer workflows and developer tools ecosystem
* Strong project management and people management skills
* Experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders
* Experience managing teams using Agile/Scrum methodology helpful
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Influencing/Executing Engineering System Roadmap: Influence and execute against the roadmap for various components of a robust engineering system. Ensure solutions meet the team KPIs and delight our customers.
* Partnering with Engineering: Work closely with engineering to deliver solutions and be accountable for the results.
* Partner Team Engagements: Identify and work with several internal partner teams delivering on similar mission and ensure that the team creates comprehensive, non-redundant solutions by fostering collaboration.
* Engage and direct interacting with enterprise customers to help identify issues and improvements to customer NPS
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
* Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with technical decision makers inside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner.
* Collaboration: Expert collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.