The Core Services Engineering & Operations Division (CSEO) is leading the company's Digital Transformation journey. We build scalable, end-to-end cloud services that power the Microsoft's operations.
The Fundamentals team is focused on modernizing how we engineer, our focus is in enhancing developer productivity through investments in our Build & Release pipeline, enabling efficient use of our Azure resources, enabling faster detection and alerting of service health issues and in our end to end business processes through our central telemetry system. Our complementary capabilities with tooling, infrastructure monitoring and insights increase our perspective. Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our developers, users and our business.
Our environment is start-up in nature, moving and learning fast. We have an exciting opportunity for a high energy PM to work on the experiences for the SAS solution Service Now which is the platform used by our global helpdesk to support our employees requests. This Senior Program manager will own working with specialized engineering team to design, develop and implement enterprise-wide solutions for Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) across Microsoft. This is a highly visible position with immense impact and growth potential, you will be working across Microsoft teams identifying new opportunities and scenarios that will drive improvements back into the ServiceNow platform or capabilities we offer on top of the platform.
* 8+ years of experience creating and releasing services as a Program Manager/Product owner
* Experience building & reviewing quality user scenarios, acceptance criteria for features, and measurement of scenario outcomes
* Demonstrated ability in scenario focused design & development focused on business goals into end to end plans (e.g. scenarios, functional specs, schedules, usability, release)
* Ability to build good framework and models for prioritization, planning and execution for large projects in collaboration with stakeholders
* Passion and ability for working cross group and cross organization
* Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Experience working in Azure DevOps to deliver on plans via sprints in partnership with a team of engineers
* Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers
* Deep knowledge in all aspects of the software engineering and development lifecycle supporting methodologies & engineering tools
* Previous knowledge working on IT Service Management an advantage, with an expertise in Incident & Problem management and general understanding of Change, Configuration and Request management.
* A bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As the Senior Program Manager in this team, you will work closely with the stakeholders of our platform across Microsoft to understand where the enhancements required in the end-to-end system, driving the design, planning and delivering processes to make those improvements a reality. As part of this role you will need to understand represent and advocate customer perspectives and deliver success aligned with overall business strategy. You will provide program direction and leadership; effectively communicating program outcomes, investments and progress to executive sponsors, business stakeholders and project team members
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.