At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Program Scheduler to support our program finance team in our Dulles, VA. offices.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Provide program planning and scheduling support to internal and external customers (typically Program/Proposal/Product Team Managers, CAMs, task leads, etc.) with the gathering of source planning data, logical sequencing of activities, establishment of activity durations, and loading of resources in an Integrated Master Schedule Network for the purpose of providing status reporting and earned value analysis of work performed against an approved baseline plan.
* Review subcontractor schedule submissions to assess performance, determine compliance to subcontract requirements and communicate corrective actions as needed.
Implement automated planning/scheduling software tools to perform program planning, and provide schedule analysis and reporting, including critical path analysis and assessment, schedule risk assessments, and schedule health metrics analysis
* Six years of relevant scheduling experience with Bachelors degree in a hardware/software development and/or production program environment, with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment, including familiarity with DI-MGMT-81650/81861 and related government requirements.
* Direct experience with the integration of technical scope and programmatic requirements into an integrated plan that conveys the program execution plan to internal and external customers.
* Direct experienced in identifying, developing and managing the scope content, requisite level of detail and logical interdependencies, such that the resulting schedule products provide an accurate representation of schedule performance and risk, including critical and driving paths to scope completion.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Must be capable of efficiently creating and maintaining a resource loaded schedule network that is the core of a schedule-driven EVMS implementation.
* Expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel as well as automated program management software such as MS Project or other industry standard scheduling tools.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with technical subject matter experts and business operations personnel.
* Prior launch vehicle or spacecraft-related scheduling experience.
* Direct experience with automated cost and schedule integration, including MS Project and Cobra.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.