At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (AS) is seeking a Director to lead the Flight Systems Team Missile Guidance System Subproject for a major program. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
In this position you will exhibit broad technical experience with Flight System Inertial Measurement Systems, Guidance, Navigation & Control Algorithm Design and Verification, Flight Computers, Flight Software, and Power and Distribution Equipment. You should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels and sectors.
* Provide direction and leadership to the Missile Guidance System teams to design, develop and integrate highly effective, affordable and low risk solutions.
* Manage the technical, cost and schedule objectives of the Missile Guidance System subproject.
* Manage large subcontract efforts.
* Collaborate and work effectively with all levels of internal and external executive leadership.
To be successful in this role, we seek the following key attributes:
* Highly self-motivated
* Strong organizational skills
* Outstanding analytic skills
* Polished facilitation skills
* Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM from an accredited university with 10 years of experience in the Space and Defense Industry experience.
* Must have IPT Leadership experience in Space, Air, or Missile programs, with proven experience of delivering complex hardware.
* Must have extensive experience achieving subcontract hardware deliveries on schedule
* Active, SSBI Clearance is required to start.
* In depth of knowledge in Controls, Mechanisms, Computer, Power, and Software systems.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead integration efforts across multiple IPTs
* Proven record of leading teams that meet quality, performance, cost, and schedule and integration requirements.
* Excellent Customer relationship
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.