Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is currently hiring for a Principal or Sr. Principal AWS Cloud Engineer with a TS/SCI and Polygraph Clearance. This position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, supporting a large Cyber and Intel program.
* Works as part of a team of AWS experts to develop solutions for AWS account administration, and to build and administer AWS environments.
* Collaborates with application teams, infrastructure engineers, software engineers, and system administrators to develop AWS solutions and hybrid solutions to bridge on-premise systems with the cloud.
* Identifies AWS cost optimizations and efficiencies to be gained.
* Analyzes AWS service offerings with regards to efficiency and security posture, and makes recommendations to the customer.
* Maintains current knowledge of advancements in AWS and relevant technology as assigned.
Additional medical screening may be required based on customer requirements.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
* Level 3: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience, a PhD with no experience required, or a total of 9 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Level 4: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, a PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience, or a total of 13 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Active Top Secret with SCI Clearance
* Experience designing, defining, and administering multiple environments for new or existing computer systems hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* AWS Associate Level Certification or a minimum of two years' experience directly working with systems hosted on AWS or Azure Cloud platforms in lieu of certification.
* Experience with configuring, administering, or developing systems on Linux
* Demonstrated experience analyzing AWS services and offerings
* Willingness to take and pass a Polygraph examination
* Experience developing software or scripts using one or more of the following languages or similar programming/scripting languages: Python, JSON, Ruby, Pearl.
* Demonstrated understanding of the security of AWS services and offerings
* Multiple AWS Certifications
* Experience with or demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platforms
* Experience implementing automation in an Enterprise virtualized cloud environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.