What you'll be doing...
You will lead the product/software development life cycle of components as part of our Messaging services using Agile methodology to drive high quality products and reduce time to market by working with cross functional teams in its design, release road map and deployment.
* Turn ideas into innovative products with design, development, deployment and support throughout the product/software development life cycle.
* Develop key software components of high quality products.
* Participate in requirement gathering, idea validation, and concept prototyping.
* Design end and end solutions to bring ideas into innovative products.
* Refine product designs to provide an excellent user experience.
* Develop/code key software components of products.
* Integrate key software components with various network systems like Messaging, Calling, Address Book, Billing, and Provisioning.
* Work with system engineers to create system/network designs and architecture.
* Work with performance engineers to refine software design and codes to improve performance and capacity.
* Use agile and iterative methods to demo product features and refine the user experience.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with agile software development.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems.
* Working proficiency in development toolsets.
* Experience with Java/J2EE, Springboot/MVC, Kafka.
* Ability to gather requirements and provide solutions independently.
* Knowledge of Database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Linux/Unix, NOSQL DB (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra), caching mechanism, Load Balancing, multi-data center architecture.
* Knowledge of Microservice Architecture, Cloud Computing, Docker Containers, Restful API.
* Familiarity with developing and deploying services in AWS.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Design, Agile Scrum, Test Driven Development, DevOps.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.