What you'll be doing...
You will manage and administer the Global Technology Services Security Focal Point (SFP) Program. You will be responsible for project managing broad and diverse group of security focal point (SFP) efforts, driving security related initiatives and meeting security KPIs.
* Lead and manage security related initiatives and activities across the SFP portfolio and support teams.
* Arrange for SME security personnel to present topics for discussion.
* Introduce new security initiatives, programs and processes as well as changes.
* Provide Portfolio Administration services for the AppSec/Global Clearance Team.
* Identify software vulnerabilities and assist development teams to re-mediate them.
* Serve as a liaison to other security organizations and ensure that all security related initiatives, activities and tasks are communicated internally to SFPs, SPOCS and Application Custodians.
* Through integration and active involvement with various CISO strategy, architecture, incident, education and awareness, and risk programs, maintain a comprehensive understanding of the company's threat landscape to ensure the security trainers are focused on the correct priorities.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Program/ Project management experience.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* CISA Certification.
* Agile experience.
* Experience championing a security program.
* Hands-on experience with IT Operations.
* Broad yet mostly expert understanding of information security and the application of controls across a diverse infrastructure and management organization.
* Excellent planning, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Self-starter capabilities with the ability to work with independently to drive results.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.