What you'll be doing...
In this position, you will be a hands-on engineering leader with deep Cloud platform skills and DevOps/SDLC platform and tooling. The successful candidate is a continuous learner that is passionate about teaching, mentoring, and coaching others on improving how we build technology. Contributing to Open Source projects is a plus. In this role, you will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices. You will gain experience across multiple technologies and applications and directly impact the Public Cloud and DevOps transformation across Verizon.
* Be a hands-on technical coach, accelerating the learning of Engineers across Verizon.
* Pair with engineering teams to design and implement scalable, secure, and high performance solutions that enable development teams to move faster.
* Drive strategy, patterns, (and working code) for how we apply Cloud platform and configuration as code practices across Verizon.
* Drive innovation by assessing, piloting, building DevOps/Cloud tooling and services to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
* Drive Cloud & DevOps engineering communities of practices across the organization.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Information Technology.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years of relevant experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in web-scale deployments.
* Three or more years of experience using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices.
* Strong ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes experience.
* Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
* Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack.
* Experience with orchestration template technologies such as: OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, and Hashicorp Terraform.
* Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as: Docker, rkt, Mesos, or Kubernetes.
* Experience with platform-as-a-service technologies such as: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, or Heroku.
* Experience with telemetry solutions such as: DataDog, Sensu, Graphite, Influxdb.
* Experience with logging and reporting solutions such as: Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, or Splunk.
* Three or more years of relevant experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in web-scale deployments.
* Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
* Experience developing cloud-native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
* Experience with programming and scripting languages: Ruby, Go, Python, Perl, bash, ksh.
* Experience with development using Github or Bitbucket.
* Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding, and continuous delivery technologies.
* Experience in building high-performance infrastructures that are scalable and resilient.
* Proven ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
* Demonstrated capability to implement alongside the other engineers being coached and developed.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.