What you'll be doing...
This position will work closely with the Sr. Manager to support and collaborate across all of Verizon Finance for all Finance Reporting projects and production support. The ideal candidate for this role will have a some project management experience, with a blend of technical and business experience, as well as having had significant exposure to financial reporting applications.
* Direct responsibility for the highly-skilled Reporting Solutions team including cost & budget responsibility, team/people/skill development, performance review and target setting/achievement.
* Key contact for the Verizon-wide Accounting and Finance (VPs and Director level) consumers for reporting solutions.
* Accountable for aligning and driving the long term strategies and objectives to CSG Reporting solutions.
* Work directly with user community to assist in gathering requirements, prototyping and designing reporting , data analytics and visualization solutions.
* Responsible for medium to large-scale reporting solutions projects in line with long-term strategies/objectives and with significant impact on Verizon's Reporting processes and IT landscape.
* Flexibility and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer-specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and with changing demands and requirements.
* Compliance to Verizon-wide policies and procedures.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Bachelor's degree with concentration in general Accounting, Finance, FP&A, Information Systems, or in a related field.
* Master's degree in a related field or an MBA.
* Five or more years of experience in management.
* The ability to lead or contribute to large scale projects and handle multiple tasks to meet required deadlines.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Visual Basic.
* The ability to interface with various/complex stakeholder groups and functions and senior management.
* The ability to collaborate well with internal and external teams.
* Experience with Data Governance.
* Basic knowledge of finance operations.
* Excellent forward thinking and analytical skills.
* The ability to solve complex problems creatively.
* The ability to implement process improvements.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Experience communicating throughout multiple levels of the organization.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.