The foundational experience team in E+D is focused on the delivery of innovative services that light up cloud powered user experiences across all devices and platforms. We are passionate about working together to deliver world-class services to our users and partners. Key partners are Office, Edge, and windows
The team is searching for a technical leader who is as passionate about growing collaborative, healthy teams as well building client-services with end-to-end experiences.
Knowledge and skills requirements
* 10+ years leading teams of software engineers, with backend services experience.
* 10+ years hands on experience in any of the following languages: C++, Java, C# or Python.
* Experience in agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban.
* Experience leading teams that maintain live services and\or application frameworks.
* Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
* Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
* Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
* Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
* Cultural sensitivity and a proven ability to work with teams and partners across multiple geographies.
* Data driven, customer focused, and organized.
* A sense of personal ownership is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
* Self-motivated with a drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
* Experience leading teams, being a people manager
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
* 10+ years of applicable work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Foster and develop talented Engineers/Managers capable of developing and running scalable, reliable, maintainable services.
* Architect new and improve upon existing services with a fundamental understanding of the end-to-end scenarios.
* Collaborate with geographically distributed teams, including Program Managers and engineers across Microsoft.
* Provide technical guidance and system level design leadership.
* Collaborate with partner teams and customers to scope and deliver projects.
* Create robust career development plans to help grow team members.
* Keep a focus on the usage/metrics of the owned services and be super customer focused
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.