Are you passionate about helping people collaborate at work and bring their teamwork to life? Are you excited about enabling organizations to better connect with the content and data they care about and the people they work with? Are you obsessed with creating products that are simple, useful, and delightful? So are we.
Why work on SharePoint? Simply put, you will be a part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people use their devices to interact with the most important content in their lives. In terms of impact, SharePoint is a thriving business with over 300 million users and over $3 billion in revenue. Our products and services power the top enterprise companies in the world.
We are seeking an exceptional senior User Experience (UX) designer with a proven track record for creating usable, seamless, elegant and impactful design solutions. This is an exceptional opportunity to reach hundreds of millions of people with your innovative and creative work. You will focus on design, systems and flows around content creation, and information architecture (IA) and wayfinding in the product.
All candidates must send a portfolio or work samples along with their inquiries. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
* 8+ years' experience of Product design with a minimum of 5 years' experience with online services.
* Strong command of all aspects and levels of interaction/UX design from information architecture, to systems and workflows to micro-interactions.
* Passion for design and ability to effectively share your point of view and expertise with project team members.
* Active thought leadership in user experience issues and trends
* Highly proficient with design applications, like Sketch, Figma, and/or Adobe XD.
* A working understanding of HTML and experience with agile engineering methods is essential. CSS skills would be a plus but not essential.
* Excellent verbal/ written communication and presentation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will work with fellow designers, research, product, and engineering teams to define and create relevant, intuitive and beautiful experiences that our customers love. You will conceptualize and design original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex design issues. You are a conceptual thinker as well as a craftsperson. Your design work is clean, focused and inspiring to others.
The ideal candidate will feel very comfortable designing through all phases of the product cycle. You will have the opportunity to provide senior-level project leadership
and exemplary work in a number of design areas including visual language, core UX framework of the product, branding and developing a point of view on representing customers' brands in the product. You will lead and partner with teams across the company, to establish the next level of design language for Microsoft.
You will also work with a dedicated and passionate team in a highly creative environment, collaborating to accomplish shared goals in an agile environment. You must be able to communicate and collaborate across disciplines and articulate your design solutions across the team with a high level of influence and impact.
* Design graphic user interface elements, like headers, navigations, branding elements and widgets
* Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality designs
* Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
* Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
* Apply user-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply user research data.
* Represent the team and personal point of view in cross-organization efforts, to accomplish shared goals
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.