Do you want to be at the heart of cloud computing? Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference to the US government and country?
Microsoft Cloud Services are growing incredibly fast. Our vision is to help people do more via cloud accessible services to every enterprise, data scientist, developer, information worker, consumer, and device anywhere in the world. We empower organizations around the globe to utilize Microsoft cloud services to transform their products, services and processes with data and insights. We do more so that our customer can do more
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
* Candidates must be willing to obtain a TS clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* BS, MS, or Phd in Computer Science or Engineering
* Software development experience in Java, C/C++, C#, or Python
* A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and analysis of algorithm complexity.
* Demonstrated problem solving, coding and debugging skills
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies.
* Strong skills in software design, problem solving and communication
* Systems development experience is a plus, as is experience working with and operating scaled distributed systems
* Ability to optimize code and automate routine tasks
* Excellence in software engineering practices and coding
* Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming would be a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.