At Anaplan, we are looking for a strong Principal Software Engineer to join our team in SAN FRANCISCO as a member of a global engineering organization across the US and UK.
Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness? Do you have strong experience with high scale B2B and B2C platforms?
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll be designing and helping build the next generation of the Anaplan Platform. You're comfortable with both full stack systems design for the hybrid cloud as well as hands-on distributed systems programming with extensive knowledge of JVM and Linux internals.
In the heart of the eclectic SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor plans, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it's time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub's happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Serving as tech lead and ensuring architecture and design are at its best
* Mentor engineering team members
* Contribute intellectual property through patent generation
* Apply your judgement to know what to defer, and what problem needs to be solved now, with a pragmatic, business-oriented approach to evolving solutions over time
* Use data driven approaches to measure the quality of our platform and be a strong evangelist for security and observability
* Architect and implement highly scalable distributed systems and shared services infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment
* Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your expertise
More about you:
Extensive experience and knowledge of:
* Java and Spring (Java 11+)
* Multi-threading, and distributed programming techniques
* Building and maintaining a SaaS product at scale
* Containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
* Service mesh technologies like Istio, Linkerd or Envoy.
* Messaging systems such as Kafka, AMQP (RabbitMQ), ZeroMQ
* Public Cloud (e.g. AWS / GCP/ Azure)
* Database management systems (SQL, ACID vs BASE)
* Monitoring and metrics infrastructure (Prometheus, ELK, SignalFx)
* Familiarity with CQRS, event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Technologies you'll work with:
* Kubernetes (including Operators)
* Apache Kafka
* Apache Cassandra
* AWS, GCP, Azure
* OpenJDK 11+
* Terraform and Ansible
* CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker
* Telemetry tools like Prometheus
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
* Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
* Regular agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties and events
* A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
* 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
* Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
At Anaplan, we're relentlessly passionate about improving the way companies and people do business by empowering them with the technology, insights, and confidence they need to make better-informed plans and decisions.
With 20 offices worldwide, we're building products used by over 850 clients that include some of the world's largest brands and fast-growing companies in every industry, and we're just getting started.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.