Job Title: Security Operations Engineer/Information Security Engineer
Location: San Francisco
At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated SECURITY OPERATIONS ENGINEER to join our growing team at Anaplan HQ in the city-by-the-bay, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the global Security Operations group located across San Francisco, Minneapolis, US and York, UK. Primary focus will be around Threat and Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing and being a key member of a successful Security Operations Centre.
This role will have a wide range of responsibilities. From designing and implementing security controls across servers, endpoints, network devices, and applications to providing security domain expertise in areas such as system, network, and encryption. You will proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities and be able to think both like an attacker and defender. In this incredibly fast-paced, exhilarating environment you will be working with a team that is at the top of their game! Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are essential to being successful in this role. Your focus will not only be on quality, but quality in the highest degree with passion and patience to execute the work that needs to be done.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
Anaplan's Corporate HQ is located in the heart of the eclectic SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor plans, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it's time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub's happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like.
What you'll be doing:
* Vulnerability and patch management across OS and network devices
* Web application security testing against internal and external vendor sites
* Security data set analysis (Splunk) & management of security systems
* Management of SAML SSO configurations and liaison with customers
* Management of VPN user authentication
* Security reviews from architecture to OS parameters to physical office security
* Recognize, adopt and instill security awareness & good practices throughout the organization
* Working closely with other operation teams, e.g. Dev-Ops, Infra-Ops, as required
* Liaise with Sales personnel and customers as and when required
* Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts to develop efficient solutions
* Exercise risk-based judgement and coordinate responses as necessary
* Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications and academic research
More about you:
* 5-7 years' experience with Threat and Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing and being a key member of a successful Security Operations Centre.
* Experience with vulnerability management tools such as Nessus, Qualys, etc.
* Experience with SIEM tools, such as Splunk ES, ArcSight, etc.
* Incident Response analysis and investigations
* Experience of security testing tools such as BurpSuite, ZAP, etc.
* Understanding of secure coding development practice, e.g. OWASP Top Ten, etc.
* Knowledge of security principles, techniques and technologies
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proficiency in written and spoken English
* Ability to provide clear and concise documentation to customers where necessary
* Understanding of Cloud terminology and SaaS solutions, e.g. CSA Matrix
* Security certifications, e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CCSK, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP, etc.
* University degree in security related discipline
* Understanding of security devices, i.e. Firewalls, IDS, WAF, VPN, etc.
* Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Switching & Routing, etc.
* Programming and scripting skills, JAVA, Python, etc.
* Working knowledge of Linux, MAC, Windows operating systems
* General knowledge around IT security, such as laptop encryption, anti-virus, malware, BYOD, USB lockdown, password policy, etc.
What we offer:
* The opportunity to be part of our award-winning working Engineering team.
* A long list of incredible benefits worthy of a leading Silicon Valley tech firm. We offer highly competitive packages - we're serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry.
* A rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you.
* with an extraordinary culture contact us now.
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1000+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.