At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated Senior Platform Engineer, SDP to join our growing team in beautiful, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Global Engineering group located across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK.
Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness? At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated Platform Engineer to join our growing engineering team in San Francisco. This is an opportunity for you to work for a high-growth startup disrupting how companies do business.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, SDP you'll be building the next generation of the Anaplan Platform. With big technical problems to solve - you'll have the chance to push boundaries and create something new. We have a long list of incredible benefits and offer highly competitive packages - we're serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry. You'll be working with super smart people who are pushing Java and the JVM to the limits. We'll also offer you a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you.
Located in SOMA district, when you walk into our San Francisco office, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we are doing at Anaplan. Open floor plan, stocked kitchens, and collaboration spaces, we gear our office around making sure you have everything you need to work well. And whether it's a company outing to a Giants game or team happy hour, there are always events for you to connect with your colleagues outside of work. You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have fun and we inspire each other!
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Design and implement highly scalable distributed systems and shared services infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment with a focus on the service delivery platform.
* Ensure a streamlined/automated application deployment.
* Write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce. If you're an advocate of TDD, even better.
* Coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - You enjoy working closely with others, teaching and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
* Share your passion for engineering and deliver great software.
* Deliver extraordinary communication and collaboration skills - Be pragmatic and know how to build trust.
* Express your positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us. We're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
More about you:
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
* 8+ years of professional experience as a distributed systems engineer.
* Extensive experience and knowledge of Java and Spring.
* Familiarity with CQRS, event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
* Experience with the following:
Multi-threading, and caching techniques
Building and maintaining a SaaS product at scale
Containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
Service mesh technologies like Istio, Linkerd or Envoy
Messaging systems such as Kafka, AMQP (RabbitMQ), ZeroMQ
Public Cloud (e.g. AWS /GCP/ Azure)
Database management systems (SQL, ACID vs BASE)
Technologies you would work with:
* Kubernetes Operators
* Helm Charts
* Apache Kafka
* Apache Cassandra
* AWS, GCP, Azure
* OpenJDK 11+
* CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker
* Telemetry tools like Prometheus
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
* Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
* Regular agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties and events
* A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
* 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
* Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.