Anaplan is looking for a self-motivated Principal Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing team at Anaplan HQ in the city-by-the-bay, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the global Machine Learning team.
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer, you will help disrupt the future of business planning through Machine Learning. Your will work closely with product owner and the engineering manager in defining the vision, resource requirements and direction for your team.
This is a big opportunity to help shape the full pipeline by building a scalable backend solution for automation of data processing. You will help analyze a massive amount of data from Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance, to IT & Ops to developing predictive models to help our enterprise customers make better business decisions. Unlike many startups, we have many customers and a lot of real business data to tackle real problems.
In the heart of the eclectic SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor plans, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it's time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub's happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Lead the coding and design of an evolving AI/Machine Learning and data pipeline including key infrastructure decisions.
* Build scalable machine learning processes that operate over billions of records, to develop predictive models and knowledge graphs that extract data from, among others, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance, to IT to help our enterprise customers make better business decisions.
* Write efficient and well-organized software as part of the engineering team to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment.
* Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements
* Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
* Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team.
* Mentor development teams globally (i.e. demonstrate good coding practices and helping them architect code)
* Lead code reviews, design sessions, and technical documentation.
More about you:
* Coding fluency with a wide variety of data analysis and machine learning techniques
* Depth of experience building end-to-end enterprise solutions that leverage data analysis and machine learning
* Excellent communication skills for leading and explaining data science projects and system architecture choices
* Expertise with common Data Science tools and frameworks like: Python, scikit-learn, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, R, Spark
* Awareness of other data-intensive topics like: Operations Research, Optimization, NLP, Computer Vision, Decision analysis, Monte Carlo analysis, Simulation, etc.
* Experience working on either GCP, AWS or Azure for delivering Machine Learning solutions
* At least 5+ years in Data Mining, Data Pipelines, ETL, Training ML Models and Building Predictive Machines
* Experience working in a Linux or Unix environment
* Spark - working with RDDs and Data Frames to query and perform data manipulation or similar distributed data processing
* Source Control Management Tool - Git
* Stream processing technologies and concurrency frameworks
* Strong understanding of the nature of distributed development and its pitfalls
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related fields. Masters or PhD degree is a plus.
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
* Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
* Regular agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties & events
* A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
* 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
* The chance to contribute and evolve a company with a valuation over $1.4 billion
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Creative: We see every moment as a chance to learn
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.