What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions.
Join our Network Systems IT team where you will be responsible for Performance engineering for the NTS suite of applications.
* Design and Implement highly scalable solutions involving cloud based infrastructure.
* Working knowledge of object oriented design and development skills.
* Developing and testing application software to modify existing architecture or implementing new architecture.
* Exhibit in-depth knowledge of the business processes involving architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs for network and engineering systems
* Experience in analysis, design, and development and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using agile methodologies (Scrum), waterfall model.
* Experience in Performance Testing using tools such as LoadRunner, Apache Jmeter, Performance Centre, Neoload and RadView WebLoad.
* Experience in testing various protocols Web HTTP/HTML, Web services, Database, FTP and RDP
* Experience in Monitoring server resources using PerfMon, New Relic, HP BSM, Oracle AWR report
* Experience in Performance testing, Functional testing, Load testing, Endurance testing, Stress testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance testing in HP LoadRunner Analysis.
* Identify the work flows, analyze the NFRs and SLA, Plan and coordinate test scripting and execution and reporting.
* Driving Stakeholders calls and acting point of contact on performance testing related activities
* Expertise in end to end implementation, upgrade, and roll-out projects by performing, integration, functional regression, user acceptance testing, load, volume, scalability, reliability and endurance testing in terms of performance and tuning.
* Analyze and resolve production issues the first time - with quality and expediency.
* Adhere to our standards and governance policies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Java/J2EE development.
* Expertise on JMeter, Load Runner, New Relic.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in disaster Recovery and Resiliency assessments.
* Knowledge on SPlunk, AppDynamics, Resiliency Studio.
* Knowledge of CI/CD process in particular - GIT, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence.
* Knowledge in SQL Server, SSRS and PERL.
* Knowledge on Agile. Scrum.
* Experience with Google drive suite services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.).
* Self-starter abilities with strong self-management skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Technology savvy with a strong willingness to learn.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.