What you'll be doing...
Corporate Systems Group has an urgent need for a Project Portfolio Manager role that is expected to lead, manage and drive end to end - from business case ideation, program requirements intake, benefits validation to release delivery of multiple large, complex and transformational projects impacting various TTR, Corporate IT Applications including Tax, Asset based security, Telco Verify, Regulatory, Digital Cockpit, Clarity and other regulatory applications. As a Senior lead for the Portfolio management IT team, the Manager will be involved in working with the Business/IT stakeholders to define process for a smooth program ideation, discovery, intake and more importantly on the projects delivery tracking the tasks to be delivered on a monthly basis and how are the KPI measured to completion from qualitative, timeliness to budgetary details. He/She would be an integral facilitator of the technical staff team, accountable for the project delivery and hence recommending solutions or approaches to improve project delivery with internal and external teams.
* Regularly leads multiple small, medium, large and complex projects impacting above IT Applications. The Project Manager role is expected to work with the program intake process, prioritize with business, assign, and drive through to release delivery holding various IT teams, vendor teams, other contractors and stakeholders accountable for commitment on deliverables. Development of project/Program plans are required for effective communication of assigned actions including due dates and project dependencies for the project and leadership teams awareness. Managerwill be required to prepare presentations defining the current and future state of the business need, project status and ensure project benefits are achieved upon delivery.
* Performs Project Management activities such as planning, sizing, defining units of work delivery, configuration, resourcing and scheduling. It is expected the Managerwill provide executive reporting on projects including capacity and budget impacts via team dashboards. The Manager will synchronize budget program and business case details to open projects, defining if the business value either meets, exceeds or falls below expectations. The Manager will need to ensure all phases of the project are complete adding to the complexity to report budget aspects
* Drives resolutions and project delivery through partnership with the business and IT stakeholders. Leads discussions on projects, status, and problem resolution and identifies and assigns actions for follow up and/or leadership escalation. A keen understanding of business requirements to provide creative and effective solutions that can be broken down to achieved timely goals will be seeked after. Manage Test Plans and resolve escalations with IT PM or scrum master to drive delivery of the project/program
* Vendor management and accountability of tasks delivery as part of managed services guidelines from the executive leaders. This Manager will be working to ensure the delivery of the work from vendor is as expected, within the SLA timelines and within the capacity for which the vendor is measured.
* This role will interact with IT and business management for articulating problems and presenting/reporting project statues. This role will also interact with IT developers and vendor resources to oversee the IT delivery and held them accountable on a daily basis
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of related work experience.
Even Better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of entire portfolio management and delivery lifecycle.
* Complex operational and technical projects will require candidate to use experience, expertise and skills to solve difficult and infrequent problems.
* Good written communication and presentation skills with proficiency in Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management, G-suite collaboration tools are required for this role.
* Good interpersonal skill with effective communication.
* PM and Agile experience.
* Scrum Master Certification.
* JIRA tracking and reporting skill sets.
* Knowledge of software development life cycle including waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
* Ability to work across all levels of IT and business management negotiating project deliverables that align with customer and corporate business priorities.
* Finance Budget Management skills.
* Vendor Management.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.