What you'll be doing...
The Customer Service Technology UX team is hiring a passionate and proven expert who can advise, guide and conceptualize the next generation of user experiences for our mobile and web products.
As a Lead UX Strategist, this position will help the development team identify the next evolution of customer experiences, latest industry trends and user experience technologies. Position requires candidates to have experience with the full user interface design lifecycle for business software applications: from feature conception through wireframe/storyboard iteration and high-fidelity prototyping, with a strong ability to make succinct and well-reasoned arguments for designs that benefit users. Candidates will demonstrate ability to work closely with software engineers to identify implementation approaches that balance user experience goals with technical cost. This role requires extensive experience in rapid prototyping, user stories, concept sketches, experience storyboards, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, motion design, design research and usability. Attention to detail and for translating subjective preferences into objective design guidelines. This role will be responsible understanding customer behavior, collaborating on conceptual designs for new products, and working closely with product management, other creative teams, and marketing teams.
* Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build'). Provide information to support interaction design prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
* Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a "best approach" design with every project.
* Align decisions and ideas with high-level organizational strategies and objectives and work with other leaders in the organization to ensure alignment with other current and planned projects.
* Collaborate with partners to develop an Optimization program of listening, interpreting, reacting and monitoring.
* Help to create a framework for prioritizing actions. Employ both passive and active listening techniques - e.g., surveys, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, social listening and inbound calls.
* Design and build applications using Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (MR) technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and / or related technical disciplines or MBA.
* Experience in various interaction design positions with focus on Mobile apps.
* Knowledge of human / computer interaction paradigms as it relates to online and mobile devices, and successfully launched digital product into the marketplace.
* Understanding of current front-end web technologies and principles such as responsive design, Content Management Systems, Web Services and APIs.
* IT experience in the area of System Analysis, Design, Development, and Operational Support on various platforms.
* Experience with rendering and texturing 3D assets. Work on advanced projects that will form the future of team collaboration.
* Explore and stay current with the frontline of hardware and software in the AR/VR/MR industry.
* Technology, Tools & Platforms -
* Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Sketch, InVision, After Effects,
* Persona Development, Informational Architecture, Usability Testing Prototyping
* HTML, CSS, Wireframes
* 3D Design
* Amazon AWS Lex, Polly, Sumerian (AR & VR), Lambda, CloudWatch, Google Cloud Platform, AWS CloudFront, Rekognition, AWS Translate, Microsoft Louis, Google Analytics, Google API.ai, Google Translation, Google Assistant, Google AR/VR, Google Tilt Brush, Google Poly, Google Blocks.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.